Respected Contributor

I would give most of it to charity...buy myself a new car and a home of my own...

Regular Contributor

You are right about the gum -- she looked like a cow chewing the cud.  You would think the lottery people would  have given her a once over before she got on camera.

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Security would be an issue too, people do crazy things.

Long lost needy relatives come out of the woodwork like roaches.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENFamily members you have not seen or heard from in years would suddenly be your best friend.

Respected Contributor

I actually felt rather bad for that woman.  She seemed very unsophisticated and I couldn't help but wonder  how long she will have that money before unscrupulous people take advantage of her naivety.  I hope it brings her a little pleasure for a while.

We knew a couple who won $6,000,000 some years ago..  I know that doesn't compare, but they kept a low profile.  They set up trust funds,  bought a new  car and made needed upgrades to their existing home.  Life went on pretty much as before, just more security and spendable money.

Respected Contributor

I'd go into hiding.   Lol

i wouldn't claim it until I had plans in place.   I wouldn't sleep until that ticket was turned in either.  Lol

Trusted Contributor

Hi Fenway... I live across the river from you... home of the Big E..  Just thought I'd say hello to a neighgbor.. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

You are right about the gum -- she looked like a cow chewing the cud.  You would think the lottery people would  have given her a once over before she got on camera.

Well, now we know she'll be able to afford all the gum she wants!!  

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

Well, now we know she'll be able to afford all the gum she wants!!  

..... or she can hire a personal gum chewer to chew it for her.  The possibilities are endless!

Honored Contributor

I'll share our $4 winnings.  Oops too late-DH already invested in snacks.   LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh