Respected Contributor

The winner must get a trust set up first.   Then she can have the Trustee do the ceremoniously acceptance of the winnings. MA Lottery requires the winner to come forward and have a photo taken but with a Trust the Trustee can appear.

Honored Contributor

The winner has already come forward:

Mavis Wanczyk, 53, of Chicopee, Massachusetts, is the sole winner of the grand prize.

At a Thursday press conference, she said she recalled thinking, “It’s never gonna be me.” She added:  “It’s just a pipe dream I’ve always had.”

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

That winner is a fool.  She's probably still in shock and didn't have time to think.  She should have contacted an attorney immediately and set up a trust and had the attorney claim the jackpot on behalf of the trust.  Even with the rules, you can remain relatively anonymous through the entire process.  No way would I want all the fanfare, interviews, and TV appearances associated with coming forward publicly.  It has ruined many lives.  She is going to be unmercilessly hounded not only by friends and family, but by every Tom, Diick and Harry all over the world.

I hope she has time to take a deep breath and get some sound advice before it's too late.  I wish her the very best of luck.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

well, she's one lucky fool! dang I had 20 tickets and not ONE number. i can say for myself, i would be so flipping happy. I got a strong family, lots of good friends, good health, so cashflow could only add to my good life!!! i would be quietly generous and would remain anonymous if allowed in my state. i could finally get my inground pool in the backyard - and then some!

Honored Contributor

So much for that pool dh went in on at work. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Waving:  "Yo, Mavis, remember me?" Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Lawyer, Financial advisor,  MOVE then come forward in that order. Hope the winner makes use of the winnings in a positive way.

Maybe she already does have an attorney & a financial advisor

even before winning. Neither are unicorn professions.

I have both...who I could call upon at a moment's notice.  

But...it is interesting that lotto winners historically begin to have

difficulty in their life after winning.  After watching her press

conference, I'm sure most of the money buy lots&lots of chewing gum.  

Wow. She was workin' it for the World to see.

Honored Contributor

I would never show up in person for the world to see who won all that money, that's what your lawyer is for. 

Honored Contributor

Lucky darn dog ,she is  to  bad there were not more winners, i hope she was not rich before this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Aunt Mavis! 

You were always my favorite aunt    Cat Very Happy