Trusted Contributor

Hope you stay safe.  For those of us in NE Florida this one was a non event for us.  We along with others that were smart were prepared. I always keep my electronics charged.  Early last week hubby organized all the batteries.  We started the generator in June at the beginning of hurricane season and we filled all the gas cans when gas was dirt cheap.

As far as shopping, I found that preparing for a hurricane is much like preparing for COVID.  soap, toilet paper, food, some bottled water.  

I am afraid because this was was a non event others will not take the next one so seriously.  

Take care of yourselves everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a drop or leaf blowing across the bridge in N Jersey

Respected Contributor

Here in Northern Virginia (DC close-in suburbs), they were predicting high winds and torrential rain when we went to bed last night. When I got up this morning, it was raining steadily and windy, but much less than we expected. It's brighter now and it looks like we may have dodged a bullet.  Southern Maryland, on either side of the Chesapeake, was hit much harder with roads washing out, trees down and a few tornadoes. So much depends on the storm track. It moves very fast. We have an electric kitchen, so I always stock upon lunch meats and cheese to make sandwiches so we have something to eat if the power goes out. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pouring rain in NYC

[ Edited ]

winds are howling here in NYC - light rain but what rain we do have is falling sideways

busted falling branches will be plenty

winds for next 6 hrs - cra ppp

Honored Contributor

For you in New York area... is it cool now with the rain and storm?  Just curious.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

For you in New York area... is it cool now with the rain and storm?  Just curious.

@SeaMaiden Yes it is cooler.  And it's less muggy.  Temperature-wise we are going to have a nice week.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Yes! Shut the ac off for the first time in a few weeks, all windows opened and a beautiful breeze. Limbs and huge leaves all over the lawn. The huge trees swayed so much with the wind I though some would come down.