Honored Contributor

Potato Salad and Egg Salad Recall

[ Edited ]

Potato salads and egg salads from Trader Joe’s are being recalled in connection to the  ontaminated hard boiled egg recall. Contamination is with Listeria. Everything is here. There can be a long incubation period for Listeria, depending on certain patients and circumstances. 

http://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/bakkavor-foods-usa-inc-issues-vol...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Potato Salad and Egg Salad Recall

TJ always claims they get their stuff off label from national manufacturers but I always stayed away because of concerns.  Never even going to try to park there again.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

TJ always claims they get their stuff off label from national manufacturers but I always stayed away because of concerns.  Never even going to try to park there again.

Here too, our TJ parking situation is horriffic, to say the least. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never buy any prepared salads with mayo or other creamy dressing.  Too many things can alter it - temperature - length of time it's been sitting in the show case - somebody sneezed in it while making. ..... safer to make at home.

Honored Contributor

I order piping hot items only.  

Never lukewarm or 'cold' items.  

Safer to make food items made with mayo at home.

Same with hard boiled eggs.......boil at home for ten or so minutes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).