Respected Contributor

Posting on the Company's Time

For those who are still employed, does your Company allow you to go to various websites and in particular allow you to post on the Q forum?

Honored Contributor

Re: Posting on the Company's Time

No

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

For those who are still employed, does your Company allow you to go to various websites and in particular allow you to post on the Q forum?

You're kidding about this thread, right? 

Honored Contributor

If you are asking if this website is blocked at my place of employment, no.  That's usually the only time I post.

As far as being "allowed", if my work is done in a prompt and timely manner each and every day, I want to hear nothing about taking a mental health moment from time to time.   

And any good boss who wants to keep good employees would agree.   Good people do not need to be micromanaged. 

Honored Contributor

haha.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

And I'll just add, if they ever did block me, have smartphone, will post.  Smiley Tongue

Sorry if that's bad news for some of you.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I am currently retired, however 8 years ago when I was employed, we were not permitted.  In fact, there was a blocker installed.  If you tried to access a site felt not relative to conducting work related business it was blocked.  It detered a lot of employees for sure.  They also monitored back door ways of going onto the web.  A couple of times I had to contact the IT department because I couldn't access vendor sites I needed to order equipment and product.

I don't fault them.  They were doing their best to protect their system.  The secretary of the IT department innocently open an incoming email and it contained a virus that played havoc with our system.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, this employee is not posting, but he's counting down the minutes until his vacation begins, lol.

Honored Contributor

I asked my daughter about that once. She has her own business. She said if the work is done, she allows her employees to post on the internet. Many times things get slow and she sees it as being no different than making personal phone calls.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I asked my daughter about that once. She has her own business. She said if the work is done, she allows her employees to post on the internet. Many times things get slow and she sees it as being no different than making personal phone calls.

I did the same thing (before retirement) and was administrator.  I would let my employees do the same thing, only thing is ....it was in the medical field and it was never, ever slow.  They would use the computer on their lunch hour and we had two in the break room.