Esteemed Contributor

Re: Posting graphics with MALWARE embedded in them - Beware!

Well, there is a suggestion box board.........

Regular Contributor

The problem is none of us have any way of knowing there is an infected graphic on a thread until after the fact.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 ShowMe said:

My Dell technician says he can't emphasize it enough for me not to go to links when they appear here.......just not a good idea.

It might be a good idea for the Webbie to delete those posts where there are links for us to go to......

Hi ShowMe, it wasn't in a link. It was in a picture that was posted (if in fact it was malware at all. We don't really know for sure).

My virus protection blocks malware attacks.

Respected Contributor

Personally I think the graphics and gifs and pictures add a lot of amusement to the boards.

That's my viewpoint anyway.

Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Pashmina said:

The problem is none of us have any way of knowing there is an infected graphic on a thread until after the fact.

Youre right. And the Q doesn't take responsibility if they hurt people's computers.

Honored Contributor

I wish the Q would get some new emoticons. We've had the same one for years.

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 scotttie said:
On 4/2/2015 ShowMe said:

My Dell technician says he can't emphasize it enough for me not to go to links when they appear here.......just not a good idea.

It might be a good idea for the Webbie to delete those posts where there are links for us to go to......

Hi ShowMe, it wasn't in a link. It was in a picture that was posted (if in fact it was malware at all. We don't really know for sure).

My virus protection blocks malware attacks.

Hi back at ya sweetie. It know it wasn't in a link. I understand that.

Mine is supposed to also.......

I had all the bells and whistles go off on my computer one day, and was able to get Dell on there just before my whole computer crashed......After they got it fixed, they told me I got a severe virus from going to a link......that is why I mentioned that.

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 brii said:

They are pretty lame. I don't use them much, especially now that I have trouble with them. Usually it doesn't put the emoticon where I've left my cursor. It puts the emoticon up at the very top of the box (like it would go just before where this post says 'On 4/2/2015 brii saidSmiley Happy.

So I have to copy it and punch it in where I wanted it and go back up there and delete that one. Too much trouble when I can just go Smiley Happy hehe

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 4/2/2015 brii said:

They are pretty lame. I don't use them much, especially now that I have trouble with them. Usually it doesn't put the emoticon where I've left my cursor. It puts the emoticon up at the very top of the box (like it would go just before where this post says 'On 4/2/2015 brii saidSmiley Happy.

So I have to copy it and punch it in where I wanted it and go back up there and delete that one. Too much trouble when I can just go Smiley Happy hehe

That's exactly the same reason I don't use the emoticons the Q provides for us.

Respected Contributor

I can't use the emoticons, doesn't give me an option so I guess that's a good thing.