Honored Contributor

I bought a friend a SS cross pendant for her birthday. I went to the Post office the other day and bought a padded envelope to mail it to her - $1.79 just for the bag. Then today I took it back to the PO with the gift in it to mail and it was an additional $2.59 so , all in all, to mail a very small item that essentially weighed nothing cost us $4.38. Sheesh, I should have just stuck the gift in a card.

Trusted Contributor

It's not that much.

Respected Contributor

Just look at it as a small price to pay to have your gift hand delivered :-) 

Honored Contributor

Why oh why do I open these threads?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

At least you know the padded envelope should get it there in 1 piece.  Think of how much it would have cost for special paper, ribbon and adornment if you had hand delivered it.  Wrapping any gift is not cheap.

Trusted Contributor

I guess that puts QVC's $5.50 shipping on most things into the "value" category.  I agree the price you had to pay for a small chain was high. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

At least you know the padded envelope should get it there in 1 piece.  Think of how much it would have cost for special paper, ribbon and adornment if you had hand delivered it.  Wrapping any gift is not cheap.

I did wrap it in tissue paper and curling ribbon though the bow will be smashed. However, I got the wrapping & card at the dollar store.I never go into Hallmark anymore.$3 at the dollar store would be $10 at Hallmark.

Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

I guess that puts QVC's $5.50 shipping on most things into the "value" category.  I agree the price you had to pay for a small chain was high. 

I was thinking the same thing as I walked away from the PO.

Honored Contributor

I think postage is one of the biggest bargains we have. What would it cost to hire a person to do this privately. God bless the postal workers and the post office