Honored Contributor

Sooner wrote:

circles wrote:

VanSleepy wrote:

LipstickDiva wrote:

I thought the envelopes and boxes at the Post Office were free?  I've never had to pay for a box, bags, etc.  They are sitting right out for the taking.

In the future, our Dollar Tree also sells padded envelopes of all sizes for mailing things. 

Once I asked for a small piece of tape because I noticed my package didn't looked sealed well enough.  The clerk's dispenser happened to be empty at that moment.  She told me she didn't have any.  I had to buy a roll!

VanSleepy....I had a similiar thing happen...only there was tape sitting right on the counter but i was told they don't let people use it...I had to buy a roll of their expensive tape....I was furious...but I had to ship the package....

Why should they tape up a package?  If they tape everyone's package for them, imagine what it would be like in both cost and backed up lines at the counter.  Your package should be ready when you get there mostly because the lines would just get longer.    AND L O N G E R!  LOL!!

ITA with Sooner on this.  I've been stuck in line behind people who were so unprepared and expected the postal clerks to do their work for them.  It's frustrating.  This is not a UPS Store, where you get somebody to package things for you (which, BTW, costs, so you pay for this service). 

I do understand the realizing you need one more piece of tape and if I were the postal clerk I would want to give that if I could.  But the problem is that one thing leads to another and the next thing you know, people are expecting you to do all of their packing for them.  That is probably why they weren't allowed to offer that service.  People taking advantage are always the ones who ruin it for everybody else.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

When I was growing up, anyone in my family who complained in front of my dad about how much it cost to mail a letter, he would always reply: "Try to mail it yourself for that price." I never argued with the man. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

??? friend = $$$. Not to me. friend = hearts & love.

Holy cow - read your signature - then read what you wrote here. Was that kind? It  certainly doesn't feel kind to me.

@151949 Because you are never happy and complain about everything.