Respected Contributor

Re: Post Office to close Wednesday 5th for President Bush

Stock markets will be closed as well. No trades, no settlements and no pre/after hours activity. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Will they all get paid  holiday ,that day? Schools  should be off, restaurants and big box stores. Any establishment with the name of george in it.

Trusted Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs wrote:

For heavens sake, the post office will be closed for just one day...

To honor a former president...

You will still get your QVC packages on Thursday...

Sheesh....

Who said anything about qvc packages?  I do business with other online stores not that it's any of your business. @Neversaynever3dogs

Honored Contributor

tenor (2).gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 After reading your post "I don't remember this ever happening though," I thought you might be interested in this.

The agency has closed or suspended operations at least seven times to mourn presidents, including John F. Kennedy in November 1963, Dwight D. Eisenhower in March 1969, Harry S. Truman in December 1972, Lyndon B. Johnson in January 1973, Richard Nixon in April 1994, Ronald Reagan in June 2004 and Gerald Ford in 2007.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@avid shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm all for honoring former presidents but I think that's going too far.  I don't recall it happening in the past.

@avid shopper Was that really necessary? 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Bri369 After reading your post "I don't remember this ever happening though," I thought you might be interested in this.

The agency has closed or suspended operations at least seven times to mourn presidents, including John F. Kennedy in November 1963, Dwight D. Eisenhower in March 1969, Harry S. Truman in December 1972, Lyndon B. Johnson in January 1973, Richard Nixon in April 1994, Ronald Reagan in June 2004 and Gerald Ford in 2007.

very good!  I looked up just yesterday, how many presidents have passed since JFK. For me, there's been 6.  So with your info here, that's very interesting.  Just so many things to recall in a long life.  So thank you. I don't remember Truman, too young. Barely Eisenhower.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@avid shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm all for honoring former presidents but I think that's going too far.  I don't recall it happening in the past.

Except for one....

@avid shopper Was that really necessary? 

@World Traveler wrote:

@avid shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't recall the post office being closed.  That creates a lot of complications.  One has to have worked in government to appreciate the implications.

Good grief, the drama!

It's one day.   I saw a release of information that packages may still be delivered so they don't get behind.   

The Postal Service® will suspend regular mail delivery and retail service on Wednesday, December 5. USPS® will provide limited package delivery service on that day.