Honored Contributor

Re: Post Office is supposed to be funded now, isn't it?

[ Edited ]

I find this tidbit very interesting from Qurates financial report.....

Under the new revenue recognition standard, Qurate Retail now recognizes revenue at the time of shipment as opposed to customer delivery. This accounting change had an immaterial impact on reported results for Qurate Retail in the quarter and full year. 

Perhaps if Qurate used customer delivery in order to take credit for a sale things would change......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

All shipping seems to be having major issues right now, not before just seems to have started a few weeks ago. Everyone will give us a shipping update and say it will be tomorrow then the next day then another week. My husband has been buying accessories for his Jeep and they all have been late. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our area has had awful mail service for the past five years...I think it is because our closest post office that handles our zip code is a training location so we have rookies delivering the mail...sometimes we get mail, and sometimes we don’t. I don’t blame the postmaster general for that.

Honored Contributor

Right now I am myopic when it comes to the postal service, of which btw, I am a big fan.

My one and only concern is the next couple months. Other than that, I don't care about customer issues; fortunately, we've had very few anyway.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

all the bills that you can drop off in a company's drop box, do so.

I don't trust the mail to deliver a payment. I have to send by mail my electric bill, but, I drop off the cable bill, pay in person at Target my credit card, etc.

I dropped one credit card that had no local bank to where I ould pay it in person. just not gonna use it any more. opened up a new credit card thru local bank that I could just either go thru drive thru and pay or walk in and pay.

I can't believe people are still scared to get out in society. Are they gonna stay in the house and mold forever. May not be a cure next yr or ever, who knows.

This is an incredibly thoughtless and rude comment. @SharkE 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I don't trust the mail to deliver a payment. I have to send by mail my electric bill, but, I drop off the cable bill, pay in person at Target my credit card, etc.

I dropped one credit card that had no local bank to where I ould pay it in person. just not gonna use it any more. opened up a new credit card thru local bank that I could just either go thru drive thru and pay or walk in and pay.

I can't believe people are still scared to get out in society. Are they gonna stay in the house and mold forever. May not be a cure next yr or ever, who knows.

It's actually not rude at all.  It's right on point.

Honored Contributor

@Jdpic wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

It's actually not rude at all.  It's right on point.

Then I'm afraid that you have no clue what individuals are going through right now. There are tens of thousands of people who are especially at risk of contracting the virus and potentially becoming extremely ill-- potentially for a long time -- or dying.

Those are primarily the people whom some consider to be what? Cowards? Sissies? Weak? And there are the others who are not in those categories that still get very ill or even die.

I'm far mored concerned with those who have seemingly learned nothing in the last 10 months.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC 

Must be funded. To my surprise along with my wife, our USPS mailman delivered an HSN package yesterday, which was Sunday. We both thought " what the ****"! 

Unless our guy is working Sunday free gratis?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I saw a Fedex truck out on Sunday coming home from church

IMG_0605-820x1024.jpg

Honored Contributor

I saw a Fedex truck myself a several months ago delivering to one of my neighbors.  I thought I was having memory problems first till I googled it.

On January 22, 2020, FedEx announced it has officially started offering FedEx Home Delivery packages on Sunday for the majority of the U.S. population. In summary, package delivery Monday through Sunday automatically at no additional cost to your business

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."