Honored Contributor

Re: Post Office Not Doing So Well This Year With Package Deliveries

I saw a video on another board where a USPS guy was delivering a package.  He walked up to the front corner of the house, which was easily 12-15 feet from the porch, and literally hurled the box to the porch.

I've had some things kind of tossed, but never from that far away.

If whatever was in that box was breakable, even if pretty well packed, I bet it would have been broken to bits.

I try not to complain about others doing their jobs but I do believe that if you are going to do the job, do it right.    That's not right and that's why it ticks me off.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  OMG, the exact same thing happens to me when we have a substitute mail carrier (I don't think my regular guy would do this).  They have set a heavy box right in front of my screen door several times.  I had a he-- of a time pushing the door open to get it.  Now, there's plenty of room just to the side of the door for them to put it.

I also love how the UPS guy sometimes piles boxes on my back doorstep.  I come home from work and I can't get up the steps to get in the door!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I finally received my Turmeric I ordered from HSN after it sat in the Post Office for 6 days about 1 1/2 hrs from me.

The Post Office said since it was shipped using their cheapest rate UPS Mail Innovations it would be the last to get delivered. He said they throw all those packages aside while they get the Priority, Express mail etc delivered first.

I guess HSN is now using Mail Innovations for shipping. Getting to be more & more like Q. I used to get my packages pretty quick from HSN but I guess it's gone down hill now.

I don't have any more packages coming.

Received one yesterday which I knew was coming buy had no idea what it was. It was a $50 Penzey's Gift Card from my SIL.

I want to be your SIL's SIL Woman LOL

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

UPS is on my list and they know it. 

Gave two packages to a woman down the street and didn't understand why I couldn't find them delivered.  I was instructed to "look harder."  I didn't realize that meant going on safari to locate where in the general area they may have landed. 

They then lost my Duraflame heater which has never been seen again after it made the local airport.  Thank you QVC for the refund.  I put in a claim with UPS to make sure QVC got paid back by them.  

BTW, still waiting on an apology for one or both...

@Laura14

My sisters daughter found packages in the bushes at the front of their house. UPS put them there but they did not know it. My sister said they had been there for 3 days. LOL!!!

I like them to put my packages in the corner between the front porch & a bench so they cannot be seen from the street.

FedEx Driver always puts it in front of the door. I guess he does not have any common sense since it's kind of hard to open a storm door that opens out when you set packages in front of it???

I signed up for the FedEx notification program and initially indicated that I wanted my packages left at the front door.  One driver kept leaving packages against the gate so it could not be opened.  After the second time I logged into my account and under special instructions, in all caps, said the front door is inside the gate attached to the house.

Problem solved.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

LOL @Marp!!

Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair of shoes for my son last week, He tried them on and they were a bit tight. So yesterday morning I ordered a larger size. And 2 hours ago the larger sized shoes were delivered.

I am impressed. And I paid -$0- for shipping.

Honored Contributor

All my shopping was done on line.....and all have either arrived to where they were supposed to go, or to me.....Still working on wrapping....  

Did my shopping early enough so I wouldn't have to worry about deliveries.  

Regular Contributor

Everything I have purchased that hs been sent  USPS, has arrived before the scheduled date they said , so I haven't had this problem. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought something on eBay last week.  The seller finally shipped it what I think is the slowest USPS manner available:  it has taken three days to move from one post office to another in Washington state.   Some type of ground delivery.  Ridiculous.  And it still has to come to the East Coast!

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Nightowlz  OMG, the exact same thing happens to me when we have a substitute mail carrier (I don't think my regular guy would do this).  They have set a heavy box right in front of my screen door several times.  I had a he-- of a time pushing the door open to get it.  Now, there's plenty of room just to the side of the door for them to put it.

I also love how the UPS guy sometimes piles boxes on my back doorstep.  I come home from work and I can't get up the steps to get in the door!

@2blonde

We have a huge covered front porch. Plenty of room for them to set packages between the bench & house. I think that's the best place for them because you cannot see them from the street. Makes sense to me.

I had to go out the garage when they delivered the office chair DH ordered since it was in front of the door. It was heavy. LOL!!!

They can't put packages on our back porch because the gates are locked.