Respected Contributor

Re: Post Office Not Doing So Well This Year With Package Deliveries

I have no beef with USPS. I applaud the carriers for the (overall) excellent job they do, especially with the sheer volumn of mail and packages they deliver.

My beef is with both UPS and FedEx. Neither of them EVER rings my doorbell when I have a package. Remember the good old days when they always rang the doorbell and waited a bit before they left the package? Now, they just dump the package and take off. I understand they're busy and on a tight schedule, but they can at least ring the doorbell once as a courtesy. My area has had a rash of packages stolen by porch thieves, so a simple doorbell ring sure would be appreciated. And what really angers me is that they ALWAYS drop the package right in front of my door where anyone walking by can see it and take off with it. The bottom part of my front porch is enclosed so all they would have to do is place the package anywhere along that area and no one walking by would know there was a package there.

On the other hand, USPS always rings my doorbell when I have a package. If I'm not home, they always leave the package in the enclosed portion of my porch.

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain! DH is wanting to order Omaha Steaks but I don't want to take a chance that the box is left and we wouldn't know it was there. Had a big box containing a quilted bag left at the edge of the porch, not on the covered porch ...in pouring rain.....grrr
Honored Contributor

how much are the "forever" stamps now?
Honored Contributor

lucky you! I have one more pkg from Nordstroms that is promised by Christmas Eve...keeping my fingers crossed, but Nordstroms always gets my orders here when promised.