Honored Contributor

Re: Possible snow for southeast this weekend

@Smoky wrote:

@Laura14, whoa I'm in the 4" category- purty purple!  If you ever see the series "Ozark" on Netflix, we are at Little River, right across the bridge from where they film from time to time... Amazing to see when they've got all the trucks & etc. set up.. 

@Suziepeach  No way!  I have a niece and sister who are pretty active in the ATL film industry.  I didn't realize they did anything up this way.  Thought Peachtree City had it all on lockdown.  Smiley Happy  I'll have to check that out.  And I'll have lots of time now that we'll be snowed in with this blizzard.  Beats watching the reporters standing in the snow by I85 talking about snowflakes for 24 hours straight.      

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, what used to be Little River Grill (where we ate on occasion)... was turned into this......

Image result for ozark blue cat lodge

and this is the new area which is supposed to be a pool..

Image result for ozark blue cat lodge

We could be there in 3-5 minutes.... that place rocks when they're fillming.  Like one night, there were gunshots like mad, it was a scene for the show...  you could tell they were in boats moving up the lake.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach  How cool!  I only ever run into film sets walking around NYC so it's pretty cool to see it close by.  It's amazing what they do to turn it into what we see on tv.   

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, I'd love to see Jason Bateman walking around...... I'd give him a cat whistle!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Okay I just had to pick from self up from rolling across my office floor a few times.  

So the local news station has a link for winter driving tips on their website.  Click it and it's pretty much all about snow tires and making sure you have a matched set.  Not don't brake on ice, take it slow, clean off your car completely if you have to be out driving in it, nope...all wheel drive helps and snow tires are pretty much what you need is the gist of it.  

ROFLMAO!  Smiley LOL

I will pay good money to anyone who can find a mechanic who #1 knows what snow tires are around here, #2 knows where to get them in the Southeast,  and #3 would be sleazy enough to take good money to put them on someone's car for a one time possible 5" snowstorm that will melt by the next day.  

Go ahead.  Can't wait for the film at 11pm.  The consumer reporter did this.  Clark Howard should be ashamed.  Smiley SadSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Laura14, I'd love to see Jason Bateman walking around...... I'd give him a cat whistle!! 

@Suziepeach  Jason Bateman is in it?  Say what!  I may be camping out now by you to do a double whistle.  What have I been missing out my front door?  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, yes ma'am........ Jason Bateman..

http://deadline.com/2015/09/jason-bateman-star-ozark-drama-series-mrc-1201549370/

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, yep you are correct, central AL here, chances of snow and/ice!!!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@gidgetgh, yep you are correct, central AL here, chances of snow and/ice!!!

@Hooty  According to the map out of Atlanta, you're getting more than a chance.  

Just make sure you throw a snowball back.  I'm starting a once in a lifetime snowball fight amid all of us Southern dwellers and Georgia peeps are no slouches.  

Get ready!  Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

This storm which came in from the West Coast with moisture from Mexico,  is working its way through New Mexico right now.   At noon it's 10° in NE part of state,  not mountains but flat range land.   Chance of snow in Albuquerque tonight.   The ski areas in Colorado and Northern NM are getting slammed.   Here's a photo taken today in Crested Butte,  CO. 

20170105_124801.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment