Honored Contributor

Re: Possible snow for southeast this weekend

@gidgetgh  I have a gas stove also, but it ignites via electricity.  No more lighting pilot lights with matches.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Suziepeach  That's what I do.  I get down to my last one and I am already buying more so I never run out of anything.  

You guys always seem to bear the brunt of all the storms in Cherokee.  If we do get anything, stay safe.  Only a zamboni can drive on ice and no one has that down here especially since the Thrashers left.  Smiley Wink

You can make some money with that plow though!  Governor Deal might put you on payroll for the roads if we have Snowmagedden the Sequel.  Smiley Wink

@Laura14, LOL about the plow... hubby wants to do the cove and everyone's driveway if we get anything more than a sad dusting- that would be so cool!  Oh heck no on Snowmagedden the sequel, that was just awful & people making fun of Atlanta.. grrrrrrr....  Then you see on tv all the wrecks and stuff from other places, no one can drive on ice..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I wish we could have a snow day or too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

It's fairly warm here today in Ohio.  For Ohio.  LOL But it's been raining and very foggy all day. 

At midnight the temps are supposed to really drop and the highs aren't supposed to get out of the 20's for the next several days with the lows in single digits.

They are predicting some lake effect snow Thursday but they said it's too early to tell who will be hit and how much they will get.  

Honored Contributor

I live in the mid Atlantic.  Snow storm was mentioned in last night in the weather report for the mid Atlantic . Right now it looks like a southern storm, but one bump could move it further northward.

Honored Contributor

I'm the first to admit I overdo everything.  Not proud of it definite personality flaw.

But if I ran out of bread I'd eat crackers.  Ha!  I lived in my all electric house for 4 days maybe 5 or 6 years ago (forget now).

Couldn't get out of house live wires across driveway and driveway is 200 ft from road.  No one could get down our streets when we had the big snow.  I spent the day in my car and I had a portable (with plug in to car) so I could watch movies and listen to radio.  At night I had several large batteries.  I used those to use my heating pads.  It was difficult, but I managed.  Don't know if I could do it now because my arthritis is way worse but you do what you have to do, right?  I'm 70 and my bones keep reminding me every day!  I put my cat in the car with me during the day.  It was different.  took him in for a few hours so he could potty like a dog!  Ha!  Temps were terrible!  Colder in house than outside....sounds stupid but I think it was.

I now have a kerosene heater (new and lots of kerosene).  When my girls were young we played and watched TV in the downstairs rec room all day.  I used the kerosene heater because it never felt warm down there.  I'd crack a window, start it outside and bring it in.  Did it for several years.  No problem.

I could be down in Florida with my middle daughter but I don't like Florida.  It's full of crazy drivers and I'd never leave the condo.  My son-in-law said he'd drive me and my cats down in his airplane, but I'm still not ready to leave this house for two months.  Maybe next year.

Daughter number one would be down there all of the time if I moved down there for 2 months.  Not to see me but because she HATES the cold.  She might only have 4 days off her kids in school and she flies down to Florida where her sister is....Ha!

We own property down there, maybe that's why I don't want to go there.  In Navarre, it gets cool there.  I'd be in Orlando near where daughter number 2 lives.

Oh!  Well only a few months...right?

Honored Contributor

Rarely get snow in NC. If mentioned in weather report on Tuesday that snow possible on Friday, the shelves in grocery store are cleared of bread, milk, eggs & beer by next day. Secondary roads take a while to clear and most of the time we get a lot of ice instead of snow. Broken tree limbs and fallen trees cause loss of power. When we built this house, I insisted on a gas fireplace, gas grill on patio and gas stove...can always cook & keep warm. In fact, during a bad ice storm years ago, many areas lost power, I had a lot of friends camping out at our house. I needed to cook what I could out of the freezer so it wouldn't defrost & get thrown out. Lots of chicken on the grill, grilled steaks, chili on the stove...a lot of fun even though we were stuck in for for 5 or 6 days. 

Honored Contributor

According to Ginger on GMA this morning, it will be a wintery mix only.

Honored Contributor

Local Atlanta station said it's still too early to tell. Anywhere between 1-several inches of snow for us.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The golf courses are covering the greens starting tomorrow around here.  They're getting serious!!  

I was very annoyed with Ginger's comment this morning about Southerners "not doing well with snow."  How about the next storm that passes through NYC, you park the plows and salt trucks and see how well you do?  It's an equipment issue down here not an ignorant person one.