Honored Contributor

Re: Possible snow for southeast this weekend

@Suziepeach@Laura14- we're all set at my house. 

After I walked this morning I stopped at Publix and got a rotisserie chicken. We'll eat that tomorrow. 

I also bought my husband's lottery tickets through Sunday night so we don't have to fool with that. 

I'm keeping my iPhone and iPad plugged in all the time today so they stay fully charged. I also have an external Mophie thing charged and ready to go. 

We're going to the Mexican restaurant up the street for lunch and then we'll hunker down at home and wait for the snowpocolypse. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, at least for a few days.. next week we'll have the AC going..  LOL ..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Suziepeach  Yeah I'm waiting for the big blowover too.  Watch us get nothing after all this.  I want my snow!  I bought my bread!  I dug my Jersey brush and shovel out of the garage...I shovel my driveway tomorrow or Mother Nature is on my list!  And I'm Sicilian so she better be very afraid. I see white tomorrow morning or I have no problem driving to a Fox 5 meterologist's house and letting him explain himself.  Perks of having a former reporter for a sister.     

@Laura14, this is too funny.  We ran up to Publix for lettuce, you know a couple extra bags?  None to be had but there was bread and milk..  hahahaha go figure!!  Oh we use the Publix on Towne Lake Parkway and to be almost 8:30am, the parking lot was crowded.  People weren't buying tons of stuff, just little things.. 

Let me know when you drive to Fox5, I want them to record that..  LOL ..  that's our favorite weather place.. David C and Glen Burns (WSB) are generally really close to being spot on.  You are too cute with your Jersey brush and shovel, Mother Nature better watch out I agree.. 

@Suziepeach  Lettuce?  Really?  Okay...

I'm serious. I demand my snow.  If I don't get it, my sister's calling up her videographer and there will be film at 11.  I plan on going viral with "Atlanta weatherman EXTREMELY sorry for not delivering promised snowfall."  He'll be making a full apology to the state with me smiling and waving my sad unused ice brush and shovel in the background.  Smiley Very Happy   

Honored Contributor

I would just like to officially protest that I am under a state of emergency by the governor for a couple inches of snow that hasn't fallen yet but my employer made me come in and work today.  That's at least worth a free vacation day.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, LOL OMG LOL OMG!!!  

Yes lettuce!!  We have everything else, thank you very much...  LOL   I asked the produce manager if they had any and he said NO... Kroger is even out,,,,, must be a sale or run on lettuce or something..  Hubby has a salad most every night so we thought a few extra bags would work but nope all gone... 

I look forward to your weather "tantrum" which will be taken out on the entire state of Georgia, Governor Deal, GDOT...  watch out!!  No brine truck will stop you!!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Laura14, LOL OMG LOL OMG!!!  

Yes lettuce!!  We have everything else, thank you very much...  LOL   I asked the produce manager if they had any and he said NO... Kroger is even out,,,,, must be a sale or run on lettuce or something..  Hubby has a salad most every night so we thought a few extra bags would work but nope all gone... 

I look forward to your weather "tantrum" which will be taken out on the entire state of Georgia, Governor Deal, GDOT...  watch out!!  No brine truck will stop you!!! 

@Suziepeach  Have Fiat, Will Threaten!  Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, so here you are.......

and here I am....  I can tow you!! (except mine is slate blue)

Image result for h2 in snow

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Laura14, so here you are.......

and here I am....  I can tow you!! (except mine is slate blue)

Image result for h2 in snow

@Suziepeach   ROFLMAO!!  Yep!  That's me!  Except I'm blue too.  Come and get me!!  

A good stiff deep breath will probably clean it all off it's so tiny.  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

@FrostyBabe1

Why is your family terrified at prospect of snow? Possible power outages? That's always a concern for sure. Just curious. Hope we all stay safe.

Yes. They're not used to it. 4 inches of snow is nothing when you're used to it, but if you rarely see it, it can be scary. Plus, there's the chance that they'll get ice first which could make things even worse for them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, come and get you?  LOL uh I'm washing my hair?   Hey I've got a turbo leaf blower that can take care of that snow plus blow the paint off and might even move it a few inches.. 

Are you at work, and if so, they going to let you leave early?

Go VOLS