Esteemed Contributor

Re: Possble evidence of 14 y.o. boaters found in my area

@Pearlee wrote:

@betteb

If you go reread my post, which I've not edited, I stated: "However, I don't think it's ever fair to judge a book by its cover.  I could not reach the conclusion you did based upon photographs."   

My post is in the framework of me, and what I think and what I wouldn't do.  I don't advise or lecture you to do anything. I'm stating my position for me.  Take it any way you want, but I don't see lecturing there.   

I never asked you to change your posts.  

*****************************************************************************************

Pearlee said:@betteb@betteb I don't think the boys were old enough to take the boat out alone because they were 14 yrs. old and don't yet have adult judgement and experience.  However, I don't think it's ever fair to judge a book by its cover.

The bolded part above was in the same paragraph that you directed specifically at me. That is what I see as lecturing.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

deer-popcorn-gif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

deer-popcorn-gif

I never really got what this little animal chewing popcorn was supposed to mean, something derogatory or maybe he's bored, what?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@baker wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

deer-popcorn-gif

I never really got what this little animal chewing popcorn was supposed to mean, something derogatory or maybe he's bored, what?

I think it means he's watching a show, or something like that.  You know, sitting back, eating popcorn while watching drama played out between the posters.

Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@betteb

Pearlee said:@betteb I don't think the boys were old enough to take the boat out alone because they were 14 yrs. old and don't yet have adult judgement and experience.  However, I don't think it's ever fair to judge a book by its cover.

The bolded part above was in the same paragraph that you directed specifically at me. That is what I see as lecturing.

I explained my post.  What you bolded is, as I said, my opinion -- to which I'm entitled.  I can't help your perspective if you want to take it as lecturing.  But I'm not changing how I post my own opinions because you choose to take that perspective.

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

I think it means he's watching a show, or something like that.  You know, sitting back, eating popcorn while watching drama played out between the posters.

Bingo.  I like both of the posters involved in the sub-plot going on in this thread. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

LOL     @    "subplot"

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:
@Himi lover wrote:

Bingo.  I like both of the posters involved in the sub-plot going on in this thread. 

Birdmama, I have not had a problem with Pearlee before either, in fact, I have agreed with and hearted many of her posts. Just directing that paragraph or her post to me felt like a lecture or a scolding. I was very nice about it in the begining, I thought, or I tried to be.

Pearlee, what was your nick before the change?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

.I know this idea is 'out there' but I was thinking...What if these boys faked all this ...maybe they were mad at their parents for something and thought this was a way to get back at them.....

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
If those boys are still alive and I was their parents I would make them wish they were dead when I got hold of them!