Esteemed Contributor

Re: Possble evidence of 14 y.o. boaters found in my area

[ Edited ]

Those life jackets could belong to anyone and I thought only one jacket was missing from the boat? Yet they say they found 2 jackets. That doesnt add up.

That article also says the boat is now missing when the tow co went to tow it. Where did it go? Why did they wait so long to go get it after searching it?

Above here it says they beleve they think the boys made floating devices out of things on the boat. Why wouldnt they just float w the boat or stay near the boat if they just capsized and were still ok?

Thus I am skeptical of their safe return due to the above. I am sorry to say but I believe these boys are deceased. I feel so bad for the families but they are grasping at straws.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

You can't really float with the boat unless you are tethered to it somehow.  The current could have taken them or their bodies quite some distance before slipping beneath the surface.

Honored Contributor

'Say what you want' about Daily Mail UK, but they sure do always have excellent quality photos.  I've been noticing that,  ever since their photos of Kate Middleton and hubby celebrating their Royal Fleet boating event several years ago.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Those boys are little mirror images of their moms.  

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Those life jackets could belong to anyone and I thought only one jacket was missing from the boat? Yet they say they found 2 jackets. That doesnt add up.

That article also says the boat is now missing when the tow co went to tow it. Where did it go? Why did they wait so long to go get it after searching it?

Above here it says they beleve they think the boys made floating devices out of things on the boat. Why wouldnt they just float w the boat or stay near the boat if they just capsized and were still ok?

Thus I am skeptical of their safe return due to the above. I am sorry to say but I believe these boys are deceased. I feel so bad for the families but they are grasping at straws.

As to the life jackets, I don't think the parents really knew how many were on the boat and gave their best guesstimate as to how many.

As to the missing boat........at the time the boat was found, they were still in an active "rescue" mode......all of their efforts and resources were focused on finding the boys...........the boat had a beacon attached to it and they were picking it up the next day or later that day........but the ocean claimed what was hers and the boat went with the tides/current or slipped under.

the boat isn't the safest thing to teather yourself to.......as evidenced by it being missing now also.......and a vacuum is created when something large goes under water, teathering youself to that boat is a sure way of going down with it.

I agree, those boys are gone...............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Thanks for the link. This is the first time I've actually seen photos of these boys. Does anybody seriously think these 2 look old enough or "mature" enough to be on a boat by themselves?!? Seriously??

Perry CohenAustin Stephanos

@betteb I don't think the boys were old enough to take the boat out alone because they were 14 yrs. old and don't yet have adult judgement and experience.  However, I don't think it's ever fair to judge a book by its cover.  I could not reach the conclusion you did based upon photographs.   And...some people have baby faces.  Some 30 yr olds may not look "old enough" to take a boat out by themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee IG has already posted that those are old photos. I didn't know that when I posted them from the OP's original link.

I'll just say they were to young, IMO,  to have access to the keys to the boat and leave it at that.

********************************************************************************

ETA I also want to ask you nicely @Pearlee, not to lecture me.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Pearlee IG has already posted that those are old photos. I didn't know that when I posted them from the OP's original link.

I'll just say they were to young, IMO,  to have access to the keys to the boat and leave it at that.

********************************************************************************

@betteb  Well, since I don't think I  was lecturing you, I can't stop something that I don't think I was doing.  I was expressing my opinion.  So since I don't think I was lecturing, I doubt that my posts will change.  Sorry.

I also didn't comment on whether the photos were old ones or not.  For my point, the date of the photos didn't matter.  My real point was not judging a book by its cover.  The photos could have been of a  30 yr old who merely looked too young to go out on a boat alone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb  Well, since I don't think I  was lecturing you, I can't stop something that I don't think I was doing.  I was expressing my opinion.  So since I don't think I was lecturing, I doubt that my posts will change.  Sorry.

I also didn't comment on whether the photos were old ones or not.  For my point, the date of the photos didn't matter.  My real point was not judging a book by its cover.  The photos could have been of a  30 yr old who merely looked too young to go out on a boat alone.

You are lecturing me not to judge and I asked you once nicely not to. So my posts wont change any at all either. Now I'm done

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb

If you go reread my post, which I've not edited, I stated: "However, I don't think it's ever fair to judge a book by its cover.  I could not reach the conclusion you did based upon photographs."   

My post is in the framework of me, and what I think and what I wouldn't do.  I don't advise or lecture you to do anything. I'm stating my position for me.  Take it any way you want, but I don't see lecturing there.   

I never asked you to change your posts.