Honored Contributor

Re: Pope Francis Does NOT Have a Brain Tumor!

My understanding is he met her in a group setting but didn't know the background.  Then the sleezy lawyers made up ****** to suit their cause.

Respected Contributor

i certainly hope this news about the pope is true.  i don't know why it was so widely reported.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:
Meant forchrystaltree apologies plaid

Apology accepted. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

That is good that he doesn't have a brain tumor.  I was worried the way he kept telling people to pray for him that something might be wrong.  But I guess he just needed the extra prayers as I feel we all do.

When I keep seeing KIm Davis' name, I always think of the blonde on Atlanta's housewives show.  She looks like a Kim Davis. lol

Again if you are Catholic it is normal for the Pope to ask to pray for him as he prays for us. Has nothing to do with his health. More to do with he is a fellow human and asking us to pray for him.

Nor does Kim Z from the HOA look anything like Davis That image is hysterical.

Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

He did meet with Kim Davis. Let's keep sleeze out of this 

No.  You need an invitation and there needs to be special considerations taken.  He just doesn't meet with you.  He has an entourage greet you first to see if you are dressed/groomed properly.  Black skirt/dress - NO pants, long sleeves, black hose, low heeled closed toe and heel shoes, modest neckline, black veil, usually no jewelry of any kind and oftentimes gloves.  Moderate make-up. 

Only the Queen of Spain has some exceptions.  The pope doesn't just go and casually meet with someone.  Security and others are involved. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Thanks tansy exactly. The Pope according to the Pope's Secretary and the Vatican had no choice prior knowledge.
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

He did meet with Kim Davis. Let's keep sleeze out of this 

No.  You need an invitation and there needs to be special considerations taken.  He just doesn't meet with you.  He has an entourage greet you first to see if you are dressed/groomed properly.  Black skirt/dress - NO pants, long sleeves, black hose, low heeled closed toe and heel shoes, modest neckline, black veil, usually no jewelry of any kind and oftentimes gloves.  Moderate make-up. 

Only the Queen of Spain has some exceptions.  The pope doesn't just go and casually meet with someone.  Security and others are involved. 

The traditional dress code is no longer obligatory since Pope John II in the 1990's.

I doubt many people run around in all black hose, mantillas, etc. anyway especially in hot weather on the perhaps chance of scoring a private Papal audience.  lol

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

At the Vatican you still need your shoulders covered and your head covered.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

At the Vatican you still need your shoulders covered and your head covered.

Yes but the point was that women no longer have to dress like a 1950's Italian widow as loveroses described.  In fact, nobody in DC would be running around dressed like that.  I would venture to say that most Americans wouldn't even know to show up in all black like that on the off chance of being selected to meet privately with the Pope. lol

Common sense attire should rule but we all know how much common sense most people have when it comes to protocol.  lol

Honored Contributor

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc46soVQff1qakh43o1_250.gif