Honored Contributor

Poor Paris is suffering terrible air pollution

[ Edited ]

I recall watching a program about Churchill ,and during a* pea souper* in England thousands of people were made ill, and many died from air pollution

https://www.yahoo.com/news/french-doctors-urge-action-over-pollution-levels-132709406.html

Trusted Contributor

Re: Poor Paris is suffering terrible air pollution

I'm afraid we might be dealing with some of the same issues in a few years. It's scary & sad how bad the air is in some areas in our world.

Honored Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

I'm afraid we might be dealing with some of the same issues in a few years. It's scary & sad how bad the air is in some areas in our world.

My son said India and China ,were the worst he has ever seen, and he has traveled extensively

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@madzonie wrote:

My son said India and China ,were the worst he has ever seen, and he has traveled extensively

My husband has been to China.  I forget where.  But he said they had a big screen that showed the sunrise, so that people knew the sun was up.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I recall watching a program about Churchill ,and during a* pea souper* in England thousands of people were made ill, and many died from air pollution

https://www.yahoo.com/news/french-doctors-urge-action-over-pollution-levels-132709406.html

London was different at that time.  Lots of industries and they didn't know what they do now.  The London "fog" was actually smog.  I lived in London and that's what the British will tell you. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be deemed political.

Honored Contributor

I think France has our pollution standards on their cars, some of this is related to the weather they are having, according to the article

Super Contributor

This doesn't surprise me. My dad served in the military in the 60s and said Paris was a filthy city then.

Respected Contributor

@Posh Poodle wrote:

This doesn't surprise me. My dad served in the military in the 60s and said Paris was a filthy city then.

@Posh Poodle

I spent a year in Manhattan in the early 60s and it was filthy, filthy, filthy!!!!!