Honored Contributor

Not for a moment do I believe this is fake or a set-up for ratings to benefit the show or the Brinkley family.  The only thing I do know is I am still tickled pink I canceled cable four years ago next month.  My nights are reading a library book then putting an old VHS tape or DVD.  Last night was Housesitter with Goldie Hawn.  Much more enjoyable than any reality t.v.  I do hope Christie heals soon and I bet she is in the audience cheering on her daughter next week.  I hope she is.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

As others have commented, it seems like a set-up.

Trusted Contributor

I never even thought it was not real.   The way it was explained I just believed it and I still do.    There have been many stars on DWTS that could not really dance well so in my head I can't imagine why anyone would fake an injury but it is possible but unlikely I feel.    Her daughter did a great job.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

If it had been Florence Henderson back when she was on no one would have doubted for a minute it was real.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I believe she did break her arm.  I did the same and needed the surgery with the titanium steel plate.  Didn't fall a long distance wither. 

Lots of anti Christie Brinkley fans are just put off by her figure and her beauty.  She was 'THE Model' when I was a teen here in California,  She stuck by her disciplines of eating/drinking/ excercise, etc.  She is commended by me as she didn't age to looki matronly.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

IF she were faking this then she has a whole team of players, from the doctors to the hospital who are also in on it.

Does anyone really think that they would put their reputation on the line, just so she could get her daughter on the show?

Even as someone who is highly sensitive, it pays to use a little common sense.

@Anonymous032819, I am going to be highly sensitive and leave my thoughts right where they are. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Is that part of your polite Angeleno schtick @suzyQ3? LOL😘

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I believe she did break her arm.  I did the same and needed the surgery with the titanium steel plate.  Didn't fall a long distance wither. 

Lots of anti Christie Brinkley fans are just put off by her figure and her beauty.  She was 'THE Model' when I was a teen here in California,  She stuck by her disciplines of eating/drinking/ excercise, etc.  She is commended by me as she didn't age to looki matronly.   

Yeah, I detest women who look their age😏

I imagine Christie has had a fair share of help to remain model gorgeous.

This entire thread is truly bizarro.  

Respected Contributor

She probably did break did break her arm but come on poor Christie if this is the worst thing that happens to her she’s good. So many horrible things happen to people and I’m sure she will recover from this just fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

She probably did break did break her arm but come on poor Christie if this is the worst thing that happens to her she’s good. So many horrible things happen to people and I’m sure she will recover from this just fine. 

She's not claiming this is the worst thing that could happen.  She's disappointed, and that's understandable.  She's been through a lot that most people don't know about it.  For sure she's well aware that horrible things happen, and she knows this is not in that category.