Honored Contributor

Re: Pooch Perfect...new show...NO!!!

[ Edited ]

Okay I watched the promo video. I don't like it either. They have the work stations positioned like a cooking competition show. That just creeps me out.

Somebody wanted to create a Great British Bakeoff for dog groomers. I'm surprised it got greenlit to go into production.

And that pink and red poodle looks like he or she was wading in blood! It's a visceral negative reaction to that from me.

It doesn't seem like a good environment for the dogs. Too many too close together with too many unfamiliar people. I think even the ones who enjoy lots of attention will get stressed.

And it just looks dumb. Rebel Wilson goofing around. No idea what the point of that is.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen a contest show like this long ago, I think it was on PBS where they groomed the dogs to look like different animals.....The groomers said they used vegetable coloring that was not harmful to the dogs....

Personally I think the way that pedigree poodles are groomed for dog shows like Westminster is outrageous.....and this is considered normal grooming for the breed....

Pedigree Mozell - www.bergogblaane.com

Toy Poodle | PEDIGREE®

I prefer the more natural look....

Pedigree Standard Poodles – Breeding Excellence Into Your Next Furry  Companion!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A week after this show clueless people will be dyeing their dogs and cats with hair dye and vets will be overwhelmed. Then, news stations will be broadcasting warnings.

Trusted Contributor

Agree @grandma petes.  It's absolutely disgusting.  I can't even watch the commercial.

If a person truly loves dogs, they wouldn't put a dog through that -- they're only doing it for their own kicks and their own pleasure.  Selfish humans.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

I refuse to watch this.  To me, it is abuse.  Animals are not for our entertainment.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

A week after this show clueless people will be dyeing their dogs and cats with hair dye and vets will be overwhelmed. Then, news stations will be broadcasting warnings.

That's my biggest fear....I shudder to think of the damage that's going to be inflicted on dogs when owners try this at home using heaven knows what and causing harm and pain to their poor dogs.😩

Honored Contributor

I watched this show On Demand today while taking a break from yardwork and eating my lunch.  I did not see anything horrific about it but I won't watch it again just because it was boring.

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't think the dogs are being hurt anymore than being in a "best of show" type of competition but I agree that it looks like a ridiculous show!  I'm not interested at all.

Respected Contributor

I intensely dislike the host, so I will not watch, plus I don't like the idea of doing this sort of stuff to animals.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan.  At all.

Also, I feel sorry for that cow whose spots are dyed or spray painted purple. 

I can't watch those commercials.

Where are PETA and/or humane societies?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).