Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Buy Calendars For The New Year Or..

I don't buy one I use the one from our newspaper carrier who brings one each year. It hangs on the fridge and we write all our appointment's and all birthdays etc on it. By the way we recycle everything here by law so it doesn't go in a landfill.. I also keep a personal calender in my purse (that DH gets from work) to keep track of appts. I guess I'm old school, but I would rather write appointments down then put them on a device!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

I have really been enjoying reading about everyone's calendar preferences! I guess i'm nosier than i thought! lol 'Hope everyone is having a great day! ~ sue Smiley Happy

Image result for funny calendar gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somebody mentioned comedic calendars.  I used to get Gary Larson calendars every year and once received one of those page-a-day desk calendars that was a Larson.  Each day a new frame.   (Remember 'The Far Side'?)

These were great for just hilarious, twisted comedy.  I know he stopped the comic strip but I wonder if he's still doing any more bits.  I actually purchased the two-book, GINORMOUS book, set of Larson Far Side.   Love it!

Oops, misspelled his name.  ETA - fixed.

Respected Contributor

I finally broke the ritual of purchasing the yearly cat calender.  I can't throw them away and they are pretty stacked up.  LOL  I just pick up a free calendar to leave on my desktop.  Yes, I prefer to stay old fashioned!  I make paper "to do" lists too.  And, one for the grocery store.  No interest in putting it into my phone. 

Honored Contributor

No, I usually get a nice size calendar from Avon. But with smart phone and my tablet; I don't need a paper calendar. 

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt  We had one of his page-a-day calendars, too.  This was my favorite page:

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Our main, kitchen calendar was usually purchased on vacation. (and always brought back fond memories)  The last 2 years, I've been using one of the MANY calendars sent by charities soliciting funds.

Before calendars became "attractive", the church calendar always hung in the kitchen.  I can still see the fish imprinted on Fridays and the days before Holy Days of Obligation.

I still keep a small pocket planner with hand written appointments in my purse.  I've never used the calendar on my phone.

Respected Contributor

One of the Christmas presents I look forward to every year from my DH is my Thomas Kinkade calendar! 

Honored Contributor

My life schedule is on iCal on my iPhone. If I lose my phone I am in trouble.  I still get paper calendars in the mail from various charities I donate to during the year. 

Honored Contributor

I buy one that supports a cause I believe in.

While I'm mostly electronic, there are still things like checks, lab test orders, etc. that I clip to the 'real' rather than virtual calendar.

Enjoy looking at the photos and turning the page every month.

Happy New Year.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras