Valued Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Buy Calendars For The New Year Or..

Thanks so much @Noel7!  I'm certain I will love it.  Now I'm all excited for my new calendar!!   http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance013.gif(Told you I needed a major life!)

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

Thanks so much @Noel7!  I'm certain I will love it.  Now I'm all excited for my new calendar!!   http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance013.gif(Told you I needed a major life!)

@AliJoi5

You have a major life Smiley Happy  You find joy in life and you share that in your posts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Buying the next year's calendar is a big deal for my DH.  He's careful to choose one with beautiful photos -- usually landscapes, or lately, song birds. It gets mounted via a Command hook near the land-phone and all appointments and events are recorded on it.  We never throw them away. Instead, they are filed each year in the file cabinet in the office.

On this same topic, one year at Christmas, I gave a gift that was so successful for our then 3-year-old grandson -- a Shutterfly calendar -- that it has become an expected gift each year since.  Besides filling it with photos of himself and his family, I mark dates for family holidays and birthdays.  He is five now, but still enjoys checking off the days as they go by and keeping track of how long 'til the next anticipated event.  If you have a precocious child in your family, this is a gift you, too, may want to consider.

Edited to correct an omitted word.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely must have the Ansel Adams wall calendar in my kitchen.  There are many patterns and colors in the room, and the black and white photos add visual relief.  It's just a date reference - I don't generally write events on it.

I do often get others as gifts, or get freebies, and those are hung in specific places, but the Ansel calendar has to be in place.  I love putting the new ones up on Jan 1.  They're changeable art work.   Just having them on the wall keeps me on track for goal setting.

Happy New Year!

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

My bank gives out HUGE calendars for FREE!!!!

The local funeral home mails small calendars to everyone in the county.  No charge

My barber gives out medium size calendars for FREE!!!!!

Haven't purchased calendars for eons.

lol  My local Chinese restaurant gives out calendars!  They're big and beautiful, but the boxes aren't quite large enough for me to write in.  Apparently 2016 is the year of the monkey.  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Aww thank you for saying that @Noel7http://mhvn.zippygamer.com/images/smilies/smiley_face_tear.gif

Honored Contributor

I like the small ones, about 6 x 4 inches or so.  I have one on the side of the fridge with everything as well as one in my bath upstairs.  There's one on the coffee table in the great room with dates of what we want to be sure to watch!

Honored Contributor

I puchased a calendar this year with butterflies and each month has two pockets.  This will help with paperwork that needs to be hand carried to appointments, cards to be mailed and whatever else going on for that specific month. The other calendars spoken of sound and look beautiful. 

Valued Contributor

a big calendar featuring teapots always goes on the side of the fridge & this year there is a daily "downton abbey" calendar on the desk, a nice gift from a friend.  

Gee, It's fun reading what others use to keep track of the days!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Trusted Contributor

Our church provides calendars each year, so we pick up 2...one for upstairs and one for the kitchen!!  They are beautiful with a religious scene for each month!!  I only buy a weekly planner book style calendar for my desk for our appointments! Woman Happy