Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Buy Calendars For The New Year Or..

I receive so many wall calendars from the charities that I support, I am able to supply people at work :-)

The only calendar I buy is the Audubon bird a day desk calendar.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

No paper calendars for me.

I use a calendar that shares between my phone, computer and tablet.  No worries about losing data as I back-up daily.  I haven't used a paper calendar in years.

YES! I love pretty wall calendars and fun planner calendars, but they are absolute nightmares for me. All of my work meetings are in my Outlook calendar on my computer and if I use a paper calendar, I'm duplicating entries or having to check two places for conflicts. It's not efficient and it's too easy to cause a conflict. Also, no matter how pretty my paper calendars or planners are, none of them ever beep at me when it's time for me to be somewhere and I forget a lot of things without a reminder to pull me away from what I'm doing.

Everything needs to be on one calendar, and with electronic calendars, all of my appointments synchronize and are available on my phone or any computer with a web connection.

Frequent Contributor

I tell my ups driver around thanksgiving to bring me one when there released  50 yrs.ago our milkman gave them out and a lot of other co.'s did as well. There for their pick-up accounts and gone by now but if your nice "santa" may give you one next year. Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I make my own with photos I have taken during the last year--Shutterfly is the company I use.  That is where I make my Christmas cards, too. 

I like a wall calendar near the fridge and on my office bulletin board near my computer. I send the calendars as New Years' gifts as well. It's s good memory jogger, as I'll see any appointment on a given day just while making breakfast, as i have a habit of glancing at it briefly while the coffee is filtering itself. Part of the daily routine.

Respected Contributor

@SuesCat wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

No paper calendars for me.

I use a calendar that shares between my phone, computer and tablet.  No worries about losing data as I back-up daily.  I haven't used a paper calendar in years.

That's a great way to go! I'm just not on the computer or tablet that often, whereas i can just walk by my wall calendar and see things at a glance w/out touching any screens! lol As for my phone, i call it a "leash-and-collar" lol and often "misplace" it during the day! Oh, and it's off at night! Cheers!

I like it because I set up things up to a year ahead and set reminders that will pop-up automatically with it's own sound to jog my memory!  I have no place in my house that I could even put a large paper calendar.

I've seen some really pretty calendars out there, used to buy them and then never use them.  Come the new year, I'd replace it and it was still showing April!

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

Beautiful @Noel7!  I hadn't bought one yet so I just ordered it.  Thanks for posting this!!  Smiley Happy

ETA:  Bought mine on "the bay" and the same seller has 2 left at only $8.71.  For any dinosaurs like me who are interested, search Sierra Club Wilderness Calendar 2016. 

@AliJoi5

Hi AliJoi, that's so nice, thank you for telling me Smiley Happy 

Each month is seasonal and a beautiful choice of photographs, I feel sure you will enjoy it, and you got a good deal on the price!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

That's beautiful, Noel!

We got a lovely one, with interesting, unique, landscapes this year from our investment guy.   I'm trying to think of a place to put it, since I already have the three I always hang.   

I usually buy mine in Oct or Nov, so I get them before any that might come in the mail.

Hi @chickenbutt

You and I like looking at photos it seems Smiley Happy 

I hang mine on the outside door of the broom closet.

Honored Contributor

Good idea, Noel!  I'm thinking about putting my extra one in my laundry room.

Yes, I love looking at photos and I love taking photos.  For me, it's mostly animal-related stuff as I have such great love for all the animals from the little birdies on up to the big animals.  I probably take anywhere from 30 to 100 pics of birdies most every day.  They are so sweet and cute.  

Calendars.com is a good source and lately I've been getting mine from Amazon.   One of my mini wall calendars has to be the 4.5" ones so I have a more limited choice but I always seem to find a great one.  The other one can be a standard 6" mini wall so there I have even more choice.   The pictures can be so stunning that I would love to take one, like last year's mini-wall songbirds (brilliant pics!) and make a collage of little framed pics to put somewhere in my house.   This year I got the songbirds in the full-size one.   

Honored Contributor

My bank gives out HUGE calendars for FREE!!!!

The local funeral home mails small calendars to everyone in the county.  No charge

My barber gives out medium size calendars for FREE!!!!!

Haven't purchased calendars for eons.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

i puchase a wall calendar to benefit Warrior Canine Connection service dog organization.  It is in my home office so that I can view the beautiful canines daily.