Honored Contributor

Re: Police officer gives a speeding motorist a 100 mile ride

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Vassago wrote:

Thank you for understanding my point Itiswhatitis.

People doing the job doesn't need to be reported or in the news, they take an oath to protect and serve. In the news, a pleasant cashier rings up a customer....

The realizing there is a major problem in the police fields with calls for accountability, does not make one anti police or think negative of police in general. You can be pro police and realize the problem of rogue officers. They aren't mutually exclusive. 

And why not. To further the agenda of the haters? 

In reality there are 1000 or more good stories for each bad one. But for those that only want the bad to be the focus, what do you hope to gain? More riots, more division, more hate, more deaths, more bad stories to develop, from the perception that it is all bad? 

The results of that rest on your head.

@Mominohio Find them.  Let's discuss them.  I'd love to read them.  No cop hating here from me.  You don't know a thing about me or my family to say such a thing.  

Don't have to know anything but the words spoken/written. I was responding to the highlighted words. If anyone believes, supports those, my answer to them stands.

And look right here at this thread, someone found just one good and positive story, and the haters couldn't wait to tear into it.

Some people only want to spread the misery. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

Well, that didn't last long.  I tried.  Woman Frustrated

You just keep posting things like this, @IamMrsG.  The good stories need to be told, too.

We all too often only hear about the "bad news" because that's what "sells" and I think it's a disservice to everyone.  It increases the divisions among us, instead of helping us to work together to create a better future.

I still believe the world is basically good and the good truly does outweigh the bad.

Thanks for the positive story.  Have a great day!

@Venezia

I just realized I addressed you in my post #23.  

That was an error on my part..I apologize!

Yes, I love reading positive stories about our police.

And yes..I, too, believe the world is basically good & the good truly does outweigh the bad!  Keeping posting the positive!! 

Honored Contributor

Let me tell you a little about my daughters first day of work. She works at a big ten university ,in housing. AS a young rookie, on her first day of work she witnessed a double homicide

They got a call about a man attacking a woman  in housing. When they got to the scene, a man had a woman on the ground stabbing her, screaming over and over this b---- is dead.

She doesn't carry a gun but her partner did. He shot the guy, fatal, as it happens. The couple had a baby daughter, my daughter cared for until the proper authorities picked her up

The family were livid saying he should have been wounded not killed. Do you know how hard it is to hit a moving target, in the dark, when you are nervous about having to fire a weapon? They never said a word about the crime committed by their relative

Her poor partner never got over the incident, even though he, like my daughter had counseling. He developed cancer and died a short time later, leaving a young family

That was her first day, she has had others just as bad ,but thankfully not many

Honored Contributor

thankyou for your kindness@3swum5

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I've said this once and I'll say it again:

This forum needs a BLOCK button in order to BLOCK the people whose agenda is to make turn any topic they don't like into a negative and then poofed thread.

You can have an opinion. Start a thread about it. But to go looking and comment EVERY SINGLE TIME a negative post is old, weary and rude. Perhaps if enough members of the forum contact the MODS to do this, they will (it's not hard to do.. at all).

Negativity begets negativity. You don't bring people to your side of something with constant negative remarks.... you push them away. How's that working for ya?

@IamMrsG Thank you for a wonderful story. My city has problems up, down, left and right. Positive stories are published as well to show that not all groups are alike. Yes, indeed, they are not. Think about that.......

Unfortunately I don't think they would leave it up to us to block anything.  Can you even imagine. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

Well, that didn't last long.  I tried.  Woman Frustrated

You just keep posting things like this, @IamMrsG.  The good stories need to be told, too.

We all too often only hear about the "bad news" because that's what "sells" and I think it's a disservice to everyone.  It increases the divisions among us, instead of helping us to work together to create a better future.

I still believe the world is basically good and the good truly does outweigh the bad.

Thanks for the positive story.  Have a great day!

@Venezia

I just realized I addressed you in my post #23.  

That was an error on my part..I apologize!

Yes, I love reading positive stories about our police.

And yes..I, too, believe the world is basically good & the good truly does outweigh the bad!  Keeping posting the positive!! 

@sidsmom - We're good!  Woman Wink

Frequent Contributor

As another mother of a State Trooper, I thank you for this positive story @IamMrsG. most sincerely, Spikey's mom

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Let me tell you a little about my daughters first day of work. She works at a big ten university ,in housing. AS a young rookie, on her first day of work she witnessed a double homicide

They got a call about a man attacking a woman  in housing. When they got to the scene, a man had a woman on the ground stabbing her, screaming over and over this b---- is dead.

She doesn't carry a gun but her partner did. He shot the guy, fatal, as it happens. The couple had a baby daughter, my daughter cared for until the proper authorities picked her up

The family were livid saying he should have been wounded not killed. Do you know how hard it is to hit a moving target, in the dark, when you are nervous about having to fire a weapon? They never said a word about the crime committed by their relative

Her poor partner never got over the incident, even though he, like my daughter had counseling. He developed cancer and died a short time later, leaving a young family

That was her first day, she has had others just as bad ,but thankfully not many

@cherry

How awful for your daughter!

That's is why whenever there is a "bad cop" story on the news, I am not quick to jump on the bandwagon that the cop should be brought up on charges and jailed immediately, the cop did wrong, etc.

If people had to spend one day as a cop, and face what they have to face, I think that there would be a lot less people blaming cops every time a story makes the news.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I've said this once and I'll say it again:

This forum needs a BLOCK button in order to BLOCK the people whose agenda is to make turn any topic they don't like into a negative and then poofed thread.

You can have an opinion. Start a thread about it. But to go looking and comment EVERY SINGLE TIME a negative post is old, weary and rude. Perhaps if enough members of the forum contact the MODS to do this, they will (it's not hard to do.. at all).

Negativity begets negativity. You don't bring people to your side of something with constant negative remarks.... you push them away. How's that working for ya?

@IamMrsG Thank you for a wonderful story. My city has problems up, down, left and right. Positive stories are published as well to show that not all groups are alike. Yes, indeed, they are not. Think about that.......

Unfortunately I don't think they would leave it up to us to block anything.  Can you even imagine. 

@sparklestar  You don't block the thread, you block the POSTER. It's a great option that works beautifully on other forums I frequent. The blocked member can't see your posts and you can't see theirs...meaning they can't take over/destroy a thread with their methods. The mods can see you is blocked and if there is a large percentage of members blocking a specific poster, it says something. They can then remove the poster and block their IP address. It's great for ridding a forum of excessive problems/trolls/harassment from someone/someones.

Valued Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Nice to hear good news.  I have respect for police officers.  Telling a quick story.... hubby was driving, uneven surface and hidden curb (construction)  Hit the abutment.  Tore up two tires.  Had to stop cold.  Police officer spotted us(our angel just happend to be in the area).  He got out and waited for us to make the call to the tow truck, he even got on phone to make sure the company would not delay.  He waited until the entire job was done, car in tow and us in the truck.  He made sure exactly where the car would be towed...our exact place that we do business with. And then he said goodbye.  He was a K-9 officer on his way home.  We were treated royally with respect.  We are so blessed to have him looking out for us.  And yes, with his card that I asked for I sent a letter of thanks to his office and to his commander.  

Your experience was quite different from Mr. Crutcher's in OK.  He needed help when his vehicle stalled, but was killed instead.