Esteemed Contributor

Re: Police officer gives a speeding motorist a 100 mile ride

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

I think anyone who blames every policeman or woman for the actions of a few should put their name on a list.  If anyone on that list calls 911, no one should respond.

@colliegirlsThen they would be derelict in their duties that the taxpayers provide for our protection and assistance and their very livelihoods, as we the people keep them employed.  You are part of the problem.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG

as another mother of a police officer........a big thanks to you for sharing this and letting others know, what we moms of cops already know..........they are good people with good hearts...................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@IamMrsG

as another mother of a police officer........a big thanks to you for sharing this and letting others know, what we moms of cops already know..........they are good people with good hearts...................raven

Love to talk about the times they have helped me.  My dear nephew, the nicest guy in the world, intends to retire early and look for something else to do.  

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

As the mother of a police officer, I thank you

@cherry  Please tell your police officer, we so appreciate the work that they do.  It's not shown on TV often, but we know they do good deeds ALL THE TIME.  And 'thank you' Mom for raising a child that thought it was important to help their community and the citizens in it.  

Mom, you should be very proud!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Vassago wrote:
Keep turning your heads from the problem

Keep looking at the negative.

@Venezia We have to.  Ignoring the negative won't solve our problems.

@itiswhatitis  I don't believe anyone on here who has posted a positive response to the original subject has said he/she thinks there is no problem.

Vassago had her/his first post deleted by the moderator because the intent was to stir up a controversy - which indeed it has done. 

Vassago posted the above critical comment after the first was deleted.  I take exception to her implying that just because some of us enjoyed a positive story about a decent man's (policeman or not) actions, we are all turning a blind eye to the issues in our country.

I am well aware of the problems and know they need to be resolved.  I can also enjoy a positive story, when it's posted, so that I have a balanced view of the world.

Always looking at only the negative will also not solve anything.

I expect now that the moderators will delete this thread whose only intent was to bring a bit of light into our day.  Well done.

Trusted Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@IamMrsG

@raven-blackbird  I thank you as well for raising a child that felt the need to help their community and the citizens.  Please tell your police officer, I said 'thank you'.

Please continue to be a proud parent!!

Honored Contributor

@Vassago wrote:

@Vassago - And quite frankly, who are you to imply that we are all turning our heads from the problem?  You know nothing about any of us or our beliefs.

It's a shame you insisted on bringing your own agenda to what started as a pleasant thread (even after the moderator deleted your first post).

Respected Contributor

@Venezia

@Venezia wrote:

@Vassago wrote:

@Vassago - And quite frankly, who are you to imply that we are all turning our heads from the problem?  You know nothing about any of us or our beliefs.

It's a shame you insisted on bringing your own agenda to what started as a pleasant thread (even after the moderator deleted your first post).

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great story about a police officer who went way above and beyond his job responsibilities to help someone. Human Kindness at its best. Thanks @IamMrsG..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've said this once and I'll say it again:

This forum needs a BLOCK button in order to BLOCK the people whose agenda is to  turn any topic they don't like into a negative and then poofed thread.

You can have an opinion. Start a thread about it. But to go looking and comment EVERY SINGLE TIME with a negative post is old, weary and rude. Perhaps if enough members of the forum contact the MODS to do this, they will (it's not hard to do.. at all).

Negativity begets negativity. You don't bring people to your side of something with constant negative remarks.... you push them away. How's that working for ya?

@IamMrsG Thank you for a wonderful story. My city has problems up, down, left and right. Positive stories are published as well to show that not all groups are alike. Yes, indeed, they are not. Think about that.......