Super Contributor

Police Shooting in New Orleans

I'm glad they got the guy who shot the police officer in NO.   However, how did this guy get out of his handcuffs in custody and have access to a gun while in custody?

The police there are patting themselves on the back for finding him, but to me it is appalling that he could do this.   It's a good thing no one was harmed while he was on the run.

Respected Contributor

Re: Police Shooting in New Orleans

Rest in Peace Officer Holloway

Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Apple Head wrote:

I'm glad they got the guy who shot the police officer in NO.   However, how did this guy get out of his handcuffs in custody and have access to a gun while in custody?

The police there are patting themselves on the back for finding him, but to me it is appalling that he could do this.   It's a good thing no one was harmed while he was on the run.

The News said he was double jointed and that was how he got out of the hand cuffs, and got the officer's gun.  The Police didn't know he was born that way.  

Super Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Apple Head wrote:

The News said he was double jointed and that was how he got out of the hand cuffs, and got the officer's gun.  The Police didn't know he was born that way.  

I heard the Police Chief (think it was the police chief) say on CNN that the officer's gun was still in his holster.  He said that wasn't the gun that was used, which makes it even stranger.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Apple Head wrote:

I heard the Police Chief (think it was the police chief) say on CNN that the officer's gun was still in his holster.  He said that wasn't the gun that was used, which makes it even stranger.

NickNack1,  Wow,  I missed that part of the information.  That is odd.  Sometimes the Officers has an extra gun located on their body somewhere,  just incase their main gun is taken from them.  Not sure if that is what happened in this case.   

Honored Contributor

According to the US Daily Mail, the suspect had 2 handguns, one .38 and one .40 caliber Smith & Wesson. Neither one belonged to the officer.

(Not sure if we're allowed to post links now, so I didn't! This article is on their website.)

He was frisked, so they're trying to figure out how he smuggled them into the patrol car and how he managed to get through the barrier between the front & back seats. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.