Respected Contributor

Re: Police Say They Mixed Up Surveillance on Brian Laundrie

@golding76 wrote:

Not to nitpick, but since there is some fighting over the OP's writing the following:

Florida... your reputation lately is beyond reproach.  

...do understand that the phrase "beyond reproach" means "blameless,"  "perfect."  I do not think that is the meaning the OP intended to convey but, rather, the opposite.  Did I misunderstand that OP's intention with her Florida statement?

The OP seems to be as capable of making mistakes as she believes the Florida police are.

Honored Contributor

Good Lord. Not everyone has to love Florida. I'm confused by the hostile and deeply passionate defense a few of you seem to be making. More room for you if people don't favor your favorite state.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The OP clearly meant that the Florida Police were worse than deserving of normal reproach, in her opinion. Which is valid. "Beyond," as in, beyond in a bad way. It was very obvious. So really some of y'all are just having fun playing Phrasing Police assigned to the Nitpicking Department.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

If the police thought it was Brian getting out of the car and going inside the Laundrie home why didn't they knock on the door and ask to interview him?

Super Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Not to nitpick, but since there is some fighting over the OP's writing the following:

...do understand that the phrase "beyond reproach" means "blameless,"  "perfect."  I do not think that is the meaning the OP intended to convey but, rather, the opposite.  Did I misunderstand that OP's intention with her Florida statement?

The OP seems to be as capable of making mistakes as she believes the Florida police are.

LOL!   That is funny.   I made a mistake.  So sorry.   Maybe I was a bit overcome because the story hit close to home for me.    I'm so sorry my inaccurate verbiage bugs you so much.   You're so lucky if that's your big issue today.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Yes, a grammar error is certainly as serious as botching a murder investigation. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Well I thought we knew all along that the mother brought that car home, that they went looking for him, found the car with a note on it, left it till the next day then ent back and brought it home. Thought it was strange as why she would leave him there w/o the car?

I havent read the thread but maybe others remember it this way, I'll read. 

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray 

Who'da thought? Probably everybody that knew the story from the getgo. When he came back without her? Hello??.

Good info, thank you.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Have no idea how he died and I don't give a "hello". It's that she died and the why he did it that concerns me. And his parents? Ain't no why in he!! they didn't know what the hay was going on the whole time.

Hope they can find a way to prosecute them for Obstruction of Justice, in some way or the other. If not, hope her parents file Civil Suits to get whatever money they have left. I get protecting your kids, but with something like this?  Not in my kidless book!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

What a disappointment, Ladygray.  You are one of "those types of people."

I stand by my remarks to you.