Esteemed Contributor

Re: Police Say They Mixed Up Surveillance on Brian Laundrie

@ROMARY wrote:

A (allegedly) possible motive (by the p*r*nts) for the delay in finding his body intact early?

Think about it.  

What is a common motive throughout the thousands of years?

@ROMARY Yes, maybe.  But to kill your own child?  (If that is what you are suggesting.)  Then again, since Brian was abusive, maybe he got that from his Dad.  If another person did away with Brian, and the body was under water, and days had gone by, and nature/animal taken their toll, I can not imagine there would be any evidence on the body to tie him back to whomever did it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladygray,

First of all, I'd like to say that I intensely dislike the act of correcting the grammar, spellings, etc., of others on a public forum.  In general, it is not something I choose to do or have done.  I find it rude and self-serving.  If the reader understands what is being written, that's enough.  The reason I stepped in on this one was that some of the posters were bickering over that phrase and I thought there might be some confusion about what stand they were taking regarding Florida.

Please excuse me for not adding that most likely you were in an excited state over the news and wrote the phrase in error.  I do the same -- often and on this forum.  So, I hope you did not think it a public shaming.  I should have mentioned, though, that you most likely wrote the phrase in error, substituting it for (maybe) "beyond the pale." 

Trusted Contributor

From the very beginning, there have been too many conflicting reports about who went where, what the police did and when they did it, etc. I can't decide if this is a case of extremely careful law enforcement officials, or a case of street- savvy parents who are trying to, and have,  stayed one step ahead of the cops.

Honored Contributor

How could the cops mistook Brian's mother for him? He's tall and thin she is short and squat.  They must have had cataracts.

they never even found who killed that Jon Benet kid. That has to be the absolutely incredible case of all time.   Blows my mind.............

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that she was being sarcastic.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Ladygray wrote:

No word on how he died.   Either suicide or eaten by an alligator probably the two scenarios.

Who knows, maybe the parents killed him.   Who the heck knows.

I wish the Petitos could file charges against the police and that family.

They can file civil charges.

@mom2four0418 

Oh yeah, you can bet that Gabby's family has a 'wrongful death' lawsuit in the works!

The threshold of 'proof' is much lower in a civil suit than criminal charges are.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Puppy Lips:

Just a thought:

No, not that 'they' or someone else did it, but maybe that they (allegedly) knew that he planned to end it himself.  

So in general, there could be a 'common motive' (in criminal cases) for not finding the remains intact.   An accident (and not su*c*de)   =   L*** In*****ce  

Just thinking from all angles.  What detectives and legitimate PI's do.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

This just INFURIATES me!  

CNN just reported that the police did surveillance on Brian's mother by mistake not him!

Apparently, when the Mustang was discovered in the swamp, it was driven back to the house and the person getting out of the car was wearing sweatshirt, baseball cap and jeans.   The police thought it was Brian, but it was his MOTHER!  

The police felt that when the Mustang was found with the sticker on it that it had to be Brian bringing it back, not his mother.   Why would the mother bring the car back if Brian was out there?

This is maddening!    So, all that time was lost.   The Florida police thought Brian was home then.   Was the mother purposely dressed to confuse them?   Who knows!   That family needs to be hauled in for questioning.   Apparenty, they really didn't care what happened to their kid.   Everything they did brought him closer to what happened.  

I don't know what to say, I'm speechless.   Florida... your reputation lately is beyond reproach.  

@Ladygray 

Ummm, maybe you don't understand what "beyond reproach" means:

Definition of above/beyond reproach

formal
: not calling for any criticismHis actions were above/beyond reproach

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I am confused.  Are you saying that it was confirmed to be Brian by one tooth?  If so, this whole thing is curious.  Does anyone think he is still alive?

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

shoesnbags,

You might be right.  I do not know for certain which way the OP meant her comment (if you are referring to that matter).  

[Who's on first?]  All I need is the Abbott and Costello routine now.  LOL