Honored Contributor

Re: Police Say They Mixed Up Surveillance on Brian Laundrie

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 @Medical examiner was unable to make this determination based on the remains left for autopsy. ME's office has sent remains to a forensic anthropologist to aid in making a cause of death determination.

Honored Contributor

Not to nitpick, but since there is some fighting over the OP's writing the following:

Florida... your reputation lately is beyond reproach.  

...do understand that the phrase "beyond reproach" means "blameless,"  "perfect."  I do not think that is the meaning the OP intended to convey but, rather, the opposite.  Did I misunderstand that OP's intention with her Florida statement?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Why is the entire state of Florida being blamed for this?  All the police involved including the Florida State Police, but the entire state can't be guilty.  

I'd wait until all the facts come out.  Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  In this case, no one may be proven innocent or guilty and all those invested in this case will have to live with that.  

@Foxxee You can also add to that "presumed innocent after being found guilty."

However, what I've read of this whole mess?  None of it makes a lot of sense.  Something is going on here.  And this latest from the cops?  REALLY?  Come on!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Why is the entire state of Florida being blamed for this?  All the police involved including the Florida State Police, but the entire state can't be guilty.  

I'd wait until all the facts come out.  Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  In this case, no one may be proven innocent or guilty and all those invested in this case will have to live with that.  

@Foxxee You can also add to that "presumed innocent after being found guilty."

However, what I've read of this whole mess?  None of it makes a lot of sense.  Something is going on here.  And this latest from the cops?  REALLY?  Come on!!!!!

@Sooner 

That's true in too many cases.  

The police may very well be negligent.  It wouldn't be the first time, but if that's true, they may come up with some excuse.  

I prefer to wait until I hear everything about the case.  So many times, what we initially hear in the news and from the police is not accurate.  

Even though this case sounds fishy now, I prefer to see everyone as presumed innocent because that's the law and the way I would want to be treated.

Respected Contributor

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but I had heard early on that it was the mother who drove the car back from the swamp location.

Honored Contributor

I never understood why they did not have him followed, just makes sense ,he came back without her, never contacted the police, ball was dropped.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

From all accounts, the Police never  confirmed that they saw Brian at the parent's home on Sept 11  or hwatever day they 1st went to their home.

So if the Police never saw him in person  than how does anyone know he was at the home to snaeak out and go to the nature preserve.

The report abt matching dental records ..... is fishy when they have a partial skull . Do they have the full denatl arch  of the skull ? I heard the Medial Examiner went by one tooth that had been filled as him confirming it was Brain's skull . No dna samples have been taken from the bone or tooth .

Respected Contributor

@golding76 

I for one, thank you for pointing out the "beyond reproach" comment at the end of the Op's statement.  After all the things she wrote, it would mean that Florida did a wonderful, excellent job and now everything is cleared up.  When in reality, I think the situation is quite muddled.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Not to nitpick, but since there is some fighting over the OP's writing the following:

Florida... your reputation lately is beyond reproach.  

...do understand that the phrase "beyond reproach" means "blameless,"  "perfect."  I do not think that is the meaning the OP intended to convey but, rather, the opposite.  Did I misunderstand that OP's intention with her Florida statement?

I wondered the same thing.