Respected Contributor

Re: Police Say They Mixed Up Surveillance on Brian Laundrie

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Not to nitpick, but since there is some fighting over the OP's writing the following:

Florida... your reputation lately is beyond reproach.  

...do understand that the phrase "beyond reproach" means "blameless,"  "perfect."  I do not think that is the meaning the OP intended to convey but, rather, the opposite.  Did I misunderstand that OP's intention with her Florida statement?

The OP seems to be as capable of making mistakes as she believes the Florida police are.

Yes, a grammar error is certainly as serious as botching a murder investigation. 

I'm not the one who pointed out her error. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I think the parents knew and were protecting Brian. His dad found his body which was very fishy.

As far as the police mistake, stuff happens. Police are human and everyone makes mistakes.

Mr Laundrie found the backpack, not the remains

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Good Lord. Not everyone has to love Florida. I'm confused by the hostile and deeply passionate defense a few of you seem to be making. More room for you if people don't favor your favorite state.

@Porcelain Of course not - not everyone has to love Florida, or California, or any other state.  But we all live somewhere, where people either love it, or hate it, or have no opinion of it at all.  EVERY state has its good and bad points, and that is different for everyone.  No need to throw shade on an entire state.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

Gabby's parents tried to call the Laundrie's phone and text them. Many times. They ignored the calls.

This whole case rots to high heaven.

Does anyone know how Brian's mother got to the Reserve to retrieve the Mustang? Was it the father who took her there? And why take the Mustang home? I know it would have been ticketed but that left Brian with no car to come home IF he decided to.

Did the parents know he was going .to commit suicide in the Reserve and let it happen?

I have so many questions. Such unusual parents.

RIP Gabby

@Queen of shop  I believe his parents knew he was going to end his life and let it happen. They knew his exact location in that reserve, they led the police there in 20 minutes.  But they never looked for him for that entire month, I believe they intentionally stalled and misled the police so there would be no evidence left.

I concur with the ex- FBI agent I saw on TV who said the only reason they finally agreed to cooperate was because the feds told them they were going to charge them with obstruction of justice unless they disclosed where he was and what they knew.  They told them were looking 25 years each, no chance of parole on a federal charge. Then they decided to work with LE.

You're right, very unusual people. I'd add very evil.

@decaf No evidence of what?  If he is now deceased, what evidence would there be that matters at this point?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

I am confused.  Are you saying that it was confirmed to be Brian by one tooth?  If so, this whole thing is curious.  Does anyone think he is still alive?

I can't help but wonder too.  Are the remains definitely determined to be Brian?   Everything about him and his parents is so strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

@luvzchiz wrote:

I am confused.  Are you saying that it was confirmed to be Brian by one tooth?  If so, this whole thing is curious.  Does anyone think he is still alive?

I can't help but wonder too.  Are the remains definitely determined to be Brian?   Everything about him and his parents is so strange.

@naturalfan They must have wondered where she was when he came back alone, so who knows what he told his parents.  He could have made up any story about her whereabouts.  But when Gabbie's parents were trying to contact them, they had to know something was up because they did not respond.  They obviously chose to protect their son over the life and well being of Gabbie.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I think the parents knew and were protecting Brian. His dad found his body which was very fishy.

As far as the police mistake, stuff happens. Police are human and everyone makes mistakes.

@CalminHeart The father could just have easily found his son's skeletal remains, it was found right near the backpack and pad he located in less than 20 minutes.  The whole story stinks.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of back and forth comments, but I hope to clarify some things. @decaf, I'm not confusing matters. Yes, I read the OP's comments and all of the post.  I not just read, I comprehended them. I not just read and comprehended them, I retained what was written in them. 

Perhaps to you there was only one investigation.  But the reality is that there were several subsequent investigations involving several different jurisdictions and law enforcement agencies. 

I think a sure-fire way for any agency to bungle a death investigation is to state there was only one main suspect and no one else was considered. That would have been sloppy police work. 

FYI, I'm well aware that police can conduct surveillance and collect evidence for any and all reasons and that there is nothing illegal about it. I can't imagine why you would think anyone wouldn't know that. But I'm also well aware of budgetary and manpower concerns that type of coverage requires. The death of GP wasn't NPPD's investigation. They were an assisting agency. Did the investigating agency want BL birddogged 24/7 while he had not yet been named a person of interest? That's a lot to put on a small department. Didn't the majority of surveillance rely on cameras placed outside the property? No one was following BL. His car returned to the home. I imagine from the camera NPPD saw who they expected to see returning home, since they were not made aware that the FBI had been informed days prior that BL never returned from his hike. Did the agency investigating GP's murder want 24/7 coverage? Perhaps that agency should have seen it was provided.

My comment concerning perhaps an agency should have violated someone's rights to obtain information, was to ask if posters actually wanted the hard handed, rubber hose behavior, and violation of rights, to gain the information from all parties involved. For some reason there are poster who seem almost rabid in the need for comments from BL and his family. To me, there almost seems a distain that one would actually want to invoke a Constitutional right.

Who here beside me mentioned a civil suit against his parents? It was mentioned in post #4, post #5, post #36, and post #49. So it seems four posters mentioned it. I simply asked what it would entail.  

I don't see where I'm speculating. Perhaps it is good advice not to read things into other's post that's not there.

Honored Contributor

I will say it again, something is very fishy.  The parents find him and I heard they aren't doing dna testing on whatever remains they found.  I have my theories.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I will say it again, something is very fishy.  The parents find him and I heard they aren't doing dna testing on whatever remains they found.  I have my theories.

The parents did not find his remains. DNA testing will be done after other tests are completed.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky