Valued Contributor

Re: Police Office targeted and murdered in Ohio

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@naturalfan wrote:

Perhaps John should look up the case of John Burge in Chicago who was accused and FINALLY went to jail after torturing suspects for nearly 20 years.  He was convicted of torturing over 200 suspects, some of whom were later released as he had TORTURED 1confessions out of them.

John knows nothing about this case other than what you have said above. Sounds like he was found guilt and is now where he belongs.

I would like to hear what John has to say after the Federal investigation of the Chicago Police Department is completed and released.

John's says Chicago should do something to stop the number of murders in their city. John believes if Rham can't come up with a solution, the Feds should be called in to investigate. John says from the Mayor on down.

Wonder no more, John has spoken.

hckynut(john)

@hckynutjohn

Feds are definitely in town, doing a big huge investigation.  Hopefull will bring some change...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/12/07/justice-announces-investigation-of-chicago-police-depa...

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I wish doctors and lawyers would do the same thing. Nurses try but pay the price. In a world when the majority are one paycheck from losing it all, it's easy to see why people keep their mouths shut.

You say " In a world".  Do you mean "In a country"? The "majority" of whom are 1 paycheck away from this loss. My feeling is this:  If people are not willing to Speak Up, and sometimes pay a price, do you think anything will change? 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@deeva wrote:

I wish more good cops would stand up against the blue wall of silence when they see their fellow officers abuse citizens and falsify reports.

where did you see examples of police falsifying reports? During an internal investigation it is my understanding that no stone is left unturned.

just because the public doesn't agree with outcomes at times does not mean there was falsification or lies being told. 

According to the Chicago Sun Times, in the the shooting of Laquan McDonald. Over 400 pages of investigative reports by detectives did not match the video of the shooting. I remember when this happened the cops confiscated all the videos from a nearby fast food resaturant and threatened eye witnesses. 

Honored Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@deeva wrote:

I wish more good cops would stand up against the blue wall of silence when they see their fellow officers abuse citizens and falsify reports.

where did you see examaples of police falsifying reports? During an internal investigation it is my understanding that no stone is left unturned.

just because the public doesn't agree with outcomes at times does not mean there was falsification or lies being told. 

Here is just one exapmle, though I'm guessing this will get poofed.  

A young man was shot by a police officer in Chicago 18 months ago.  Numerous police were on scene, and they were requesting a unit with a taser to come to the scene, as the kid was not listening to orders to surrender.  they had the streets blocked off, the kid was wandering around.  in this video, a police car pulls up, a cop gets out and shoots the boy 16 times as he was walking away.  The city kept this vidoe under wraps for 17 months.  All of the police officers put in their official reports that the boy 'lunged' at this cop (meaning, it was justifiable).  that was the official story until the video came out.  It is right below, you can see for yourself, he did not lunge. He was walking away.  The cop has now been charged with murder.  The city tried to cover it up by paying the family 5 million dollars as long as they agreed to keep the video under wraps.  If an investigative journalist had not sued to get the video released, that would have been the 'official' story, this cop would never had been charged, and would possibly go on to kill another person while on duty.  Only after the video was released was the police superintendant fired.  This is why there are protests daily in Chicago and calls for the mayor to resign.  

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/24/us/chicago-laquan-mcdonald-shooting-video/ 

I'd never heard of this before.  The family didn't take the 5M dollars -- did they?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm, the Daily Beast had this story on it. Apparently when the family accepted the $5M settlement, a judge required suppression of the video as part of the settlement. Read here:

Daily Beast

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

60sGirl, the innuendo in the "some" of your OP is just another example of the divisiveness that is so rampant in our country.

The vast majority of our citizens do not condone violence, condemn the shootings/killings in their neighborhoods, and look to our police for protection and solutions.

My thoughts are with this community and those LE who serve us.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Lucky Charm, the Daily Beast had this story on it. Apparently when the family accepted the $5M settlement, a judge required suppression of the video as part of the settlement. Read here:

Daily Beast

Wow, 86 mins. had been erased?  I wonder how long the tape/footage of the whole incident was? 

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@tantallum wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@deeva wrote:

where did you see examaples of police falsifying reports? During an internal investigation it is my understanding that no stone is left unturned.

Here is just one exapmle, though I'm guessing this will get poofed.  

A young man was shot by a police officer in Chicago 18 months ago.  Numerous police were on scene, and they were requesting a unit with a taser to come to the scene, as the kid was not listening to orders to surrender.  they had the streets blocked off, the kid was wandering around.  in this video, a police car pulls up, a cop gets out and shoots the boy 16 times as he was walking away.  The city kept this vidoe under wraps for 17 months.  All of the police officers put in their official reports that the boy 'lunged' at this cop (meaning, it was justifiable).  that was the official story until the video came out.  It is right below, you can see for yourself, he did not lunge. He was walking away.  The cop has now been charged with murder.  The city tried to cover it up by paying the family 5 million dollars as long as they agreed to keep the video under wraps.  If an investigative journalist had not sued to get the video released, that would have been the 'official' story, this cop would never had been charged, and would possibly go on to kill another person while on duty.  Only after the video was released was the police superintendant fired.  This is why there are protests daily in Chicago and calls for the mayor to resign.  

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/24/us/chicago-laquan-mcdonald-shooting-video/ 

I'd never heard of this before.  The family didn't take the 5M dollars -- did they?

yep.  here is more info on that:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/1192113/1-million-per-shot-laquan-mcdonald-settlement-unfolded...

Esteemed Contributor

When a settlement is offered to avoid a trial the city is acknowledging that there was wrongdoing.
Trusted Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
60sGirl, the innuendo in the "some" of your OP is just another example of the divisiveness that is so rampant in our country.

The vast majority of our citizens do not condone violence, condemn the shootings/killings in their neighborhoods, and look to our police for protection and solutions.

My thoughts are with this community and those LE who serve us.

no innuendo, fact. Some do. Many do not. Once again, you attempt to make your point by baiting someone else over a word.  Not exactly a shining example of unity. 

and BTW, if divisiveness is SO rampant in our country, doesn't that negate your next statement declaring the majority of citizens support LE?  

rampant = (especially of something unwelcome or unpleasant) flourishing or spreading unchecked., unrestrained, unchecked, widespread

&

majority of citizens support police

how can divisiveness be so rampant when the majority of citizens support LE? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.