Valued Contributor

Re: Poldark- who's watching?

Blue Collar; are you sure it was BBC?  In Britain Poldark and most all Masterpiece period programs are distributed by ITV. They are another major broadcasting firm in the U.K.  I know things get all wibbly wobbly between franchises. I will be thrilled if we get more ITV programming here in the U.S.

i don't know if anyone remembers Jonathan Ross on the BBC on Friday eves a few years back. He has a brilliant chat show that he left the BBC for ITV and her; we only had BBC. Sometimes I catch snippets on YouTube. But he is very much missed

As for Poldark, I just love it. The leading actor was the lead in a vampire-ghost-werewolf  show on BBC. His range of acting is amazing. I'm glad it is coming back here. I lived in Cambridgshire until I was 19. And try to get back as often as possible. There is something (for me at least) that is magical in England. The people, the history, the monarchy, the beautiful weather, or that all of my dear Mums family is there. I'm not just a tourist there....the U.S. Is my home for now and I and proud and fortunate to have dual citizenship. As, I love certain things about both of my homes. 

New Contributor

I am definitely watching even though I bought the DVD. 

Respected Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:

Blue Collar; are you sure it was BBC?  In Britain Poldark and most all Masterpiece period programs are distributed by ITV. They are another major broadcasting firm in the U.K.  I know things get all wibbly wobbly between franchises. I will be thrilled if we get more ITV programming here in the U.S.

i don't know if anyone remembers Jonathan Ross on the BBC on Friday eves a few years back. He has a brilliant chat show that he left the BBC for ITV and her; we only had BBC. Sometimes I catch snippets on YouTube. But he is very much missed

As for Poldark, I just love it. The leading actor was the lead in a vampire-ghost-werewolf  show on BBC. His range of acting is amazing. I'm glad it is coming back here. I lived in Cambridgshire until I was 19. And try to get back as often as possible. There is something (for me at least) that is magical in England. The people, the history, the monarchy, the beautiful weather, or that all of my dear Mums family is there. I'm not just a tourist there....the U.S. Is my home for now and I and proud and fortunate to have dual citizenship. As, I love certain things about both of my homes. 

Hi.  I grew up in Suffolk.  I love this show too.  Looking forward to the two hours tonight (as well as Last Tango in Halifax). I also enjoy watching other British tv shows on YouTube.

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

TWO hour season finale tonight!  I can't wait. It's such a terrific show. 

Can't wait either!😍

Spoiler

Super Contributor

@BellaPaprika wrote:

The BBC confirmed in April that there will be a second season of Poldark. Can't wait!

WOO HOO🎉😎😍

Super Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@Gemspirit wrote:

Hi.  I grew up in Suffolk.  I love this show too.  Looking forward to the two hours tonight (as well as Last Tango in Halifax). I also enjoy watching other British tv shows on YouTube.

Sooooo Jealous of you two lucky ladies. I do have some English ancestery and would love to visit England along with my daughter.😊

Regular Contributor

Re: lPoldark- who's watching?

I,am glued o the tv every Sunday night; great show can't believe it's coming to an end. Hope there is a 2nd season.

Esteemed Contributor

Poldark and Last Tango both had great episodes.

Talk about cliffhangers !!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Poldark and Last Tango both had great episodes.
Talk about cliffhangers !!!

---------------------------------

So last night was the end of the season for Last Tango? I wasn't sure, except they kept saying that the couple was going to Australia for a long vacation.  Like this show..last night was a bit off center, but interesting!

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I hate to see it end !

I also love Last Tango.

Love them both!

Here's my take on Poldark: Everybody loves Demelza now and everyone owes Ross.  I have the feeling that will play out during the next season.  The Big Cheese that he saved from the ship will save him.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices