Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pokemon Go-what is wrong with these people?

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

For what it's worth, I have nothing against the game itself, I just know that it isn't for me.

If people are having fun playing it, then great.

I just want the players to exercise some common sense when they do play it, that's all.

And if somebody were to get hurt while playing it, I wouldn't blame the game, I would fault the player.

I would like people is general to use common sense when doing lots of things.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone asked how this game works or what it is about.

Here is a link:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-pokemon-cops-20160712-snap-htmlstory.html

This is game is set up to somehow work (thru GPS?) so the game player sees real places to look for the character (Pokemon).

The LA Times article link above is titled "Police fear the dark side of ..."

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

It's another fad..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Regular Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

There is a new game app available for phones called Pokemon Go.  It allows the players to insert the Pokemon character into the location that the player is physically located at and then chase the Pokemon character around that physical location and capture him via the app.  So far this inappropriate and ignorant behavior has been spotted inside St. PATRICK's Cathedral, at the 9/11 memorial, inside the Holocast Museum in Washington, DC and at the WW2 and the Vietnam Memorial in DC.   What the h*** is wrong with these people?

Add the cemeteries one was on the Grave of Rosa Parks how disrespectful seems like manners and showing respect when appropriate when out the window, not being taught at home for many anymore. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Trusted Contributor

I have to say that I find the people complaining about this game more annoying than those who are playing it.  People are complaining all over Facebook, the news, and now here.  I can't say I know one person who is playing this game who is talking about it.  I'm glad people who like games have something fun to play this summer, and I'm glad that people who enjoy complaining about anything they can get their hands on are enjoying it, too.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I have to say that I find the people complaining about this game more annoying than those who are playing it.  People are complaining all over Facebook, the news, and now here.  I can't say I know one person who is playing this game who is talking about it.  I'm glad people who like games have something fun to play this summer, and I'm glad that people who enjoy complaining about anything they can get their hands on are enjoying it, too.

I'm with you, razorsharp.  I go out for daily 5 mile walks in various locations, and do errands around the area.  I don't see anyone looking like they're playing this.  I also have 2 children, 4 stepchildren, and 7 grandchidren, and not a one of them is involved in this.

If one was...I'd just say to have fun and be careful  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's another fad..

yes!  just like running all over town chasing beanie babies!! dont know anyone who did that!  🚙🚙🚙🐸🦁🐙🐷🐶🐱.    😬

Honored Contributor

I admit to being a Beanie Baby chaser!

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

I admit to being a Beanie Baby chaser!

Me too!  I remember getting hot tips from friends.  One night very late a friend and I drove to "several" McDonalds picking up the teenies.  Fun Times!

Honored Contributor

Lol!  Thinking back to the Beanie Baby craze...we would hear that a local shop received a shipment (no internet, just word of mouth) and we would show up in droves to receive whatever number they would sell to each customer.  At most, we could get 6/customer and I had 2 kids, so they each got 3.