Honored Contributor

My 13 year old niece plays it.  I don't know enough about how the game is played to form an opinion.

Respected Contributor

I know some people who play it. They range between early teens to 40's. They seem to have fun.

As long as players pay attention to their surroundings I have no objections. As far as it being a waste of time I'm here so who am I to judge how others spend their time.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

I'm from the generation that used to see how many people we could fit in a telephone booth.  Does anybody remember that???  Does anybody remember the phone booth???

docsgirl

@docsgirl     No..........but I remember the VW (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

It's actually really fun, I want to catch them all. Ps - my friends and I are in our 30s. One of my coworkers who plays is in her early 50s. It's not just a little kid thing. Fun for all!

Esteemed Contributor

@J9 wrote:

It's actually really fun, I want to catch them all. Ps - my friends and I are in our 30s. One of my coworkers who plays is in her early 50s. It's not just a little kid thing. Fun for all!

I look at it as a video game that keeps you moving-  it'll up your fitbit numbers!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend whose husband plays but they all go with him as a family. She says their girls enjoy it and she's losing weight. I don't know what the concept of the game is but I'm happy for her. 

Super Contributor

My daughter has been playing it on my phone. We've caught a few creatures for her -I can see why it's addicting.

I read that this app is making over a million dollars per day.  Doesn't seem to be losing steam.

Honored Contributor

wildcat fan wrote:

I play.  I'm just a Level 8, though, and have only caught about 30 different types. (I'm currently incubating my first eggs.☺️)  I only play when I'm on WiFi.  DH and I have played Pokemon along with our son from the time he was in preschool.  

my adult kids are playing it and so i decided to download it last week. i am only on level five. i am incubating one egg. i am definitely still learning it though. my kids were showing me some of the features tonight, including evolving some of my creatures.

i was relaxing at a very public pokestop a couple of days ago and eating ice cream. some young teens noticed i was playing it on my phone. they came up and wanted to know what level i was on and what i have caught so far.

it goes well with words with friends and dice with buddies. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I think it depends on your interest, my two children are 26 & 30 and they have not interest in it, I asked them.  Even when they were young though, they were never into the video games and we bought them, they played them but rarely. 

Esteemed Contributor

My nieces and nephew are playing and seem to be having lots of fun.  The game actually got my 15 year old couch potato nephew outside on his bike with a friend looking.  I get a kick out of watching the different people playing.  The other day a couple young fathers were out with strollers looking, bet mom was happy for the break.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.