Esteemed Contributor

Although advertised to withstand the elements......mine is no longer multi-colored......all the color has worn off.....

Honored Contributor

Oh no.  They look so pretty.  I remember them saying the spinners wouldn't fade.  I bought a couple smaller ones last year.  They were a different brand.  Got them in the as is section.  They had a solar light.  I'm hoping they work when I put them out.

Contributor

Mine still has color, but it doesn't take the wind very well. I had to move mine to a different location out of the wind off our lake. It bends and spins so fast that I fear if any part became airborne who knows what would happen. I do like the color and out of the wind it is just fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

Less than a year later, half the spokes have broken off, most of the color is gone, and it is all rusted.  I am very disappointed with it.

Respected Contributor

I almost bought it yesterday.

It looks so pretty.  If it's going to fade and break, I won't buy it.

Thanks for helping me decide...

Esteemed Contributor

I bought two of these, similar but not identical, two years ago. One made it through one year and broke along the shaft so I trashed that one. The other is still up, with a bend in the shaft and I expect it to meet the trashman later in the year. Both lost their colors.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

We went into a Plow & Hearth last year (I got the catalogue in the mail and I wanted to see their items in person).  We were really disappointed by the quality of many items. - looked beautiful online or in the catalogue, in person not so much.

Respected Contributor

Re: Plow and Hearth Spinner

[ Edited ]

If you want a great long lasting spinner I would suggest one of the small windmills. Mom got us one years ago and it has lasted through many windy winters and still looks and works great. I hang hummingbird feeders from the side rails.This one lasts....the others fall apart.

Respected Contributor

That just doesn't have the look of quality.  Even in the picture.  I prefer the copper color on these spinners.  Looks classier.  But yes, most people I know that have them say they break after a year or two.  Just have to be ok with that.

Valued Contributor

Five years ago, I bought one from Costco, $40, and it still is working, looks good, but it squeaks now (easy remedy).

Two years ago, bought the Plow and Hearth multi color one. It works, all the colors are gone. In fact, the colors were gone within 4 months, so colors didn't last through the end of summer.

Last year, bought one here, don't know brand. It has a weathervane top. It doesn't spin at all. The wind is blowing fiercely, the others are spinning madly, but this one slowly and calmly turns, like it is napping. Tried to adjust it, reposition it, so I guess the way the cups are built don't catch the wind.

No more for me. 

Costco did have another style in this year.