Honored Contributor

Re: Please vote for my cute doggy - you WILL be able to open this link!!!!

On 10/5/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

What a cutie! I voted for him though I was tempted to vote for Bauer when I read that he chases rabbis and squirrels in his backyard! Somehow the image of random rabbis just walking around someone's backyard then being chased by a dog tickled me.

Was he named after the Bruce Willis character in Die Hard or is it a more noble origin than that? You are lucky to have such a cute dog - I love terriers of all kinds!

My son named him John McClane after the Bruce Willis character.

He named our first wire after an Arnold Schwarzenegger character - Jack Slater. He chose another action character's name because we had just seen the latest Die Hard movie in 2008 and were debating if we should go to Canada and get McClane (Mac).

McClane was 18 months old when he came to live with us. His call name was Watson and his registered name is ""Wychwire Cowboy Cookout.""

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Voted for McClane....how is Murray the cat doing?

Murray is doing well...thanks for asking, Sammycat1!

We hydrate him 3 times a week and his appetite is great. He has actually gone from 10 to 11 pounds.

I never could have taken on the hydration if not for your encouragement. You are my inspiration (and Murray's best friend!)

Respected Contributor

McClane is a little doll for sure, yup, and a little goofy too. (You said so yourself, lol). I could finally see his picture today, thanks, of course he got my vote, but they are all so precious.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Valued Contributor

On 10/5/2014 terrier3 said:

He named our first wire after an Arnold Schwarzenegger character - Jack Slater. He chose another action character's name because we had just seen the latest Die Hard movie in 2008 and were debating if we should go to Canada and get McClane (Mac).

McClane was 18 months old when he came to live with us. His call name was Watson and his registered name is "Wychwire Cowboy Cookout."

That's great Terrier! John McClane is one of my all-time favorite movie characters (yippee ki ay...well, we know what comes next{#emotions_dlg.laugh}) And I do remember his niece, Skye. I hope Mac wins!

This is OT, and you may not want to discuss which I would understand, but what kind of film maker is your son? That's such an "exotic" field to be in that I find it very interesting.

Honored Contributor

On 10/6/2014 mewsmomtoo said:
On 10/5/2014 terrier3 said:

McClane was 18 months old when he came to live with us. His call name was Watson and his registered name is "Wychwire Cowboy Cookout."

That's great Terrier! John McClane is one of my all-time favorite movie characters (yippee ki ay...well, we know what comes next{#emotions_dlg.laugh}) And I do remember his niece, Skye. I hope Mac wins!

This is OT, and you may not want to discuss which I would understand, but what kind of film maker is your son? That's such an "exotic" field to be in that I find it very interesting.

My son made his own 90 minute feature film...it's available through pay per view services. He has also worked on projects in LA - he works with Vin Diesel's production company at Universal. He just filmed a scene from a new movie project he's pitching. It's based in the 80s.

He worked on some Lifetime movies in Toronto (he has dual citizenship) and he makes lots of local TV commercials when he is in town...one or two a week. He helps me out and makes political ads when my clients need them done fast.

Valued Contributor

Terrier, you must be very proud of him! Film making, I imagine, is the kind of industry where you make it based on talent and it sounds like he keeps very busy. That's very cool that he has a feature film out there and works with Vin Diesel (of whom I am a fan tooSmile) I wish him continued success!