Honored Contributor

Re: Please suggest any safe sites to purchase discount restaurant gift cards.

@kitty60: Totally agree. We purchase gift cards at Sam’s  but no discount but sometimes. We have several friends that love Texas Road House and at Sam’s you can purchase a pack of 3 of the  $25  cards. One year they had discounts for Ryan’s buffet . Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pre-Paid card would be the best imo - they can use it wherever they would like.

Honored Contributor

Some Restaurants may not take the gift cards. My MIL received one from her granddaughter to use at Applebee's. They would not take it because it was not bought from them???

Esteemed Contributor

I would purchase a pre-paid Visa/MC card or a restaurant card from one of the supermarkets. I just don't feel safe with the on line sites for this gift. 

Honored Contributor

I know a lot of the chains usually offer an extra $5 if you buy a certain amount from them.

Honored Contributor

The post office in my neck of the woods sells THOUSANDS of gift cards.  Perhaps yours does to.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Qcloudy wrote:

I think a pre-paid ATM card would be a better choice. It can be used anywhere for any purchase: entrance fee, soda at the corner store, restaurant, band-aids, tums, fuel, snacks, anything.

A prepaid gift card would have to be purchased at face value.  You would have to pay $100 for a $100 gift card.

The OP is looking for discounted gift cards.  For example, you could buy a $100 card for $89.  

Every year people receive gift cards as gifts to places do they do not want to shop at or to restaurants they don't like.  They sell these unused gift cards to places like giftcardgranny for less money than face value so they do not go to total waste.

In turn, these unused gift cards are sold at a discounted rate to someone who wants them.  I have sold unused gift restaurant gift cards to Giftcardgranny many times.

These places are legit.  All cards are checked to see if they have a balance on them before they are resold.  It is a safe way to save money on any type of gift cards and a safe way to get rid of the ones you won't use.  

Also people sell them after Christmas because they prefer cash to pay bills.  A good time to buy is right after the Holidays.  You can get some good deals then.

Respected Contributor

Sam's Club 

Honored Contributor

I have not looked to see If they are available online or not, but Costco sells giftcards to restaurants and other places at a discount.
Honored Contributor

You can purchase Visa prepaid cards for any amount you want...they could use them at a restaurant or anywhere Visa is accepted.