Super Contributor

Please stop with the Christmas stuff. Can't we enjoy summer ?

I don't want to be reminded  that winter comes too fast!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop with the Christmas stuff. Can't we enjoy summer ?

I know what you're saying, especially with how last winter was in some areas, but I recorded many of the Christmas shows this weekend and zipped right through them and I'm totally enjoying my summer. I don't look at it as a rush the season thing. To be honest, for me, it was a break from the "normal" weekend QVC programming which hasn't held any interest for me in quite awhile now.

I did get a chuckle though that there, in the midst of 48 hours of Christmas offerings, there was an hour of Dell. Typical Sunday night programming. I thought "what the heck"? When I turned QVC on.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Some people like to shop early.  I've noticed other sites doing the same thing.  If you don't enjoy it, set your attention on something that you do like.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Here in the deep south we haven't had a day with a heat index of less than 110 degrees for at least a month, so the CIJ shows at least remind me that it'll cool off eventually!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I went into Lowe's yesterday and they had three shelves of artificial jack-o-lanterns up. It was around 100 degrees. Even the SA said it was way too early to put those out! Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just don't watch what doesn't appeal to you.  There are other channels to watch, there are other shopping channels.  QVC is a retailer, not an entertainment channel.  Obviously a lot of customers buy winter clothes and shop for Christmas in the middle of the summer.  I don't know anyone like that....lol   But they must be out there. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why this is such a constant topic from when they start Christmas until it is actually here, a thread similar to this will appear several times a day on various board topics. Hey, guess what? Use the remote -- change the channel -- this is not the only thing on TV. Who is requiring you to watch QVC all day , every day, all year long? If you aren't enjoying what is on  --- turn it off.

Super Contributor

I agree with you OP. I just came back from Michael's craft stores and they have a ton of fall foliage and jack o lanterns on display! Really? It's 100 degrees here in Jersey today and I just can't get into fall foliage and pumpkins!! Maybe a cool margarita at poolside!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I don't understand why this is such a constant topic from when they start Christmas until it is actually here, a thread similar to this will appear several times a day on various board topics. Hey, guess what? Use the remote -- change the channel -- this is not the only thing on TV. Who is requiring you to watch QVC all day , every day, all year long? If you aren't enjoying what is on  --- turn it off.

True

but as I said before this year they started much earlier, and this weekend it went from Friday straight til Sunday.

so guess what? I didn't even bother turning the channel to the Q since Wed when it was cooking

Noone is required to watch, but some variety will bring it more viewers

It is a constant topic because it resonates with more than a few viewers

Respected Contributor

I also don't see how it interferes with enjoying your summer.Smiley Frustrated

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."