Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Thankfully, some of corporate America has the good sense to have employees work remotely.  They are taking it seriously.

That may work for executives and higher level workers but what about the lower class (retail store workers, factory workers, post office employees, restaurant workers etc ?).   As usual the lower class is put at most risk.  These workers also are least likely to get any paid sick time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever It’s true, not all jobs can be done from home.  Where it can be done, it’s a positive step.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Reever It’s true, not all jobs can be done from home.  Where it can be done, it’s a positive step.  

ALOT of middle management can be done from home.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Coronavirus is hardly a killer virus. The mortality rate is much lower than the ordinary flu. It does seem to be more contagious though but everyone who has had it and recovered says it was not that bad. The people who have died from this illness were either frail elderly or had other underlying chronic health issues. Everyone is drastically overreacting. 

No everyone is but there are always those that spread doom and gloom and panic.  Live and let live.  This is no worse than the ordinary flu we experience very year.  Dealing with the ones spreading panic is more bothersome.

Honored Contributor

You are much better off getting the flu than COVID-19. If anyone finds that fact cheery and upbeat, great. You don't have to be a gloomy sourpuss while being realistic.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@sidsmom  The jobs she listed cannot be done from home.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please stay home

[ Edited ]

I ventured out today to have my nails done, and it was a very hygienic experience.

My manicurist asked that I wash my hands upon entering. She then scrubbed down, and sanitized her work station in front of me, and wore a mask. She also kept the door open. I used good handwashing, and turned off the faucet with a paper towel. Upon leaving, I used my own hand sanitizer.

I know these precautions are no guarantee of not contracting the virus, but I feel they were reasonable. 

I continue to pray for EVERYONE affected by this virus, especially the doctors, nurses, and first responders on the front line.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

30 deaths in America do not warrant all this panicking. My family are all still flying, shopping, going to school and doctors appointments.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@sidsmom  The jobs she listed cannot be done from home.

That's correct

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Coronavirus is hardly a killer virus. The mortality rate is much lower than the ordinary flu. It does seem to be more contagious though but everyone who has had it and recovered says it was not that bad. The people who have died from this illness were either frail elderly or had other underlying chronic health issues. Everyone is drastically overreacting. 

No everyone is but there are always those that spread doom and gloom and panic.  Live and let live.  This is no worse than the ordinary flu we experience very year.  Dealing with the ones spreading panic is more bothersome.

@rms1954 

For the gazillionth time,

COVID-19 is not like the flu.

Educate yourself...please.