Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA , that kitchen cabinet may just be calling your name. LOL.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN 

I dread it everytime I open it! 

It may not be calling my name, but I'm certainly calling it some "fancy" names!  Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------

@RetRN wrote:

@ALRATIBA , that kitchen cabinet may just be calling your name. LOL.

Honored Contributor
No college kids here but I am wondering about two grandkids who are scheduled to begin college on June 1. They have already been told commencement and prom may be postponed or cancelled. Such a shame.
Honored Contributor

Re: Please stay home

[ Edited ]

I would never cite Gupta as my only source of information since he has an agenda....one of the spokespeople from the cdc has already said a lot of tests have been given...how could there be confirmed cases in 49 states if only 8 tests were given? The big concern is not getting results back fast enough to suit those who demand to know results ASAP. We all want to know the results and they are working on it.

Valued Contributor

Apparently, I misunderstood the whole shut everything down due to Wuhan virus thingy.  I thought it was about extreme limiting of one's exposure to others.  Instead, it's pack up and go on vacation time, maximize your out

and about time.  Obviously, vacation and amusement places are not affected.

Respected Contributor
Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day

Originally published by Ariadne Labs on March 13, 2020 | Updated March 14, 2020

By Asaf Bitton, MD, MPH

know there is some confusion about what to do next in the midst of this unprecedented time of a pandemic, school closures, and widespread social disruption. As a primary care physician and public health leader, I have been asked by a lot of people for my opinion, and I will provide it below based on the best information available to me today. These are my personal views, and my take on the necessary steps ahead.

What I can clearly say is that what we do, or don’t do, over the next week will have a massive impact on the local and perhaps national trajectory of coronavirus. We are only about 11 days behind Italy and generally on track to repeat what is unfortunately happening there and throughout much of the rest of Europe very soon.

At this point, containment through contact tracing and increased testing is only part of the necessary strategy. We must move to pandemic mitigation through widespread, uncomfortable, and comprehensive social distancing. That means not only shutting down schools, work (as much as possible), group gatherings, and public events, but also making daily choices to stay away from each other as much as possible to Flatten The Curve....

read full article..

https://medium.com/@ariadnelabs/social-distancing-this-is-not-a-snow-day-ac21d7fa78b4