Esteemed Contributor

@fresh kitty wrote:

So now the Virus has arrived in the US are you staying home now? Some people on the blog thought we didn't have to worry and was like the flu and we didn't have to buy supplies like face masks and sanitizers so have you changed your mind?

No, I am not staying home more.

I am not wearing masks.

I am keeping my life as normal as possible.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I think if we follow common sense practices during this time with this  virus,  Wash your hands if you are sick stay home and try to leave some toilet paper and sanitizer for the next person.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@doxie1  Last night a college Professor on our local news was whining about the short notice in preparing an on line course in that normally one has months to develop a course. I thought what a self serving attitude instead of let's make the best of this and do what we can to continue the class. Time to be creative.

Honored Contributor
Management closed some of our amenities until the end of the month. Gym is closed.

Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend. Out usually crowded eatery was not busy. Waiter said there has been drop in business.

I’m going out to Church later today for a couple of hours and stopping at supermarket on way home. Tomorrow I have to go pick up some packages. Monday I’ll be home all day but rest of week I have full schedule.
Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN 

@RetRN wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

People are active; have places to go and things to do.  Families with children have activities.  They are not sedentary seniors who can just sit and rock.

How rude can you be? I am a senior and have many friends, family, and acqaintances who are seniors. We do not "just sit and rock". 

Seems like you don't work or do much--you might want to rethink your comment. 

ITA.  We seniors are not all sedentary. Some who are can't help it if they can't move around, but they are human and want life like the rest of us, no matter what age you are.  I hope you live to be a senior and have a change of attitude.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please stay home

[ Edited ]

(thread title)

@fresh kitty 

For me I will live my life like I have prior to this virus. That has always included what the "experts" deem necessary to help prevent me from getting and/or spreading this virus.

I fall into the over 80 age category and have had some "live or die" medical situations. My heart and my pulmonary system are compromised, maybe a little bit, but my overall health, and present and past physical fitness, have served me well. In fact had it not been for my physical fitness, I would have died during my 1st heart attack, that included Aspiration Pneumonia on July 5th 2003.

So I will keep going to the places I have in the past, which includes 3 visits to 1 of our ice rinks to skate. As long as our City keeps this rink open, I have no intention of "staying at home".

For those that feel vulnerable because of their health, or their fear of the "what if's"? Probably best for them to take the advice you "apprear" to be giving with this (thead title).

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut :

You are a marvel

My longtime nickname for you is "Timex", LOL, as in:

Hi to Cindy and all the furbabies, too.  8-)
Honored Contributor

Update .... Archdiocese has cancelled Masses this weekend.  So I picked up my packages this afternoon.  

Because most of the participants are senior citizens ....

• My Tuesday meeting will be done via email.

• Friday meeting has been cancelled.

All that's left on my agenda next week is PT on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

-------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Management closed some of our amenities until the end of the month. Gym is closed.

Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend. Out usually crowded eatery was not busy. Waiter said there has been drop in business.

I’m going out to Church later today for a couple of hours and stopping at supermarket on way home. Tomorrow I have to go pick up some packages. Monday I’ll be home all day but rest of week I have full schedule.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA, oh no. I hope they don't cancel PT next. You'll have no where to go.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN 

Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

On the upside ... I'll be able to catch up on some dusting, vacuuming, reading, knitting, crocheting.

There's a kitchen cabinet that needs to be re-arranged and I've been putting if off for months.  

--------------

@RetRN wrote:

@ALRATIBA, oh no. I hope they don't cancel PT next. You'll have no where to go.