Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I know. Not enough.

Wonder how many will just go to the UK and then here?

@Drythe 

Exactly..and the government is wonky over in the UK so

Twitter received that news with 'raised eyebrow'

w/ the US connection.

Honored Contributor

@ Anyone who likes numbers -  and @pitdakota  @bikerbabe 

There are some interesting thoughts which you likely have already seen, at  STAT news (.) com.  - Liz Specht.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I know. Not enough.

Wonder how many will just go to the UK and then here?

@Drythe 

Exactly..and the government is wonky over in the UK so

Twitter received that news with 'raised eyebrow'

w/ the US connection.

Really?  I immediately thought of the Chunnel.

Maybe the statement will be tweaked in a bit.

@sidsmom 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
People are still not getting tested who are sick!

@bikerbabe -

Dr. Gupta said that only 8 tests were done by the cdc 

yesterday and 0 the day before.

He compared this to the 1,000 of tests that are done every day in other countries.

Yes, why is this?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor
Harvard has told its students to move out and not come back to school after spring break. How do they get their credits? It can’t all be online.
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Harvard has told its students to move out and not come back to school after spring break. How do they get their credits? It can’t all be online.

@lovesrecess 

They will have to  make a way for them to earn credits. They are telling students here the same thing. It is hoped that if they seriously try to slow it down it will help greatly. They have to be able to do a lot online now. I do not know how they would do lab work.

lovesrecess: Do you have a child in college? They may go through the same thing. If they send them home to stay with parents then they will not be in as big of a social arena.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
People are still not getting tested who are sick!

@bikerbabe -

Dr. Gupta said that only 8 tests were done by the cdc 

yesterday and 0 the day before.

He compared this to the 1,000 of tests that are done every day in other countries.

Yes, why is this?

I didn't listen to Dr Gupta but I do know that there is testing being done, especially NY, but the state government wants the RESULTS to come faster so they are pushing for automation of reading the labwork.  That is what they want.  Automation would get hundreds more results read per day. I don't know if they have gotten things automated yet.  

Honored Contributor

Thursday in NYC .... things look really normal.  Lots of people on the streets and in the couple of places I stopped after my PT session.

I think that since we in NYC are constantly exposed to various "germs" because of living and moving in close contact with one another, our immune systems might be a bit stronger then, say, someone who lives in a rural area or who isn't around a lot of people on a regular basis.

• There were several of us at PT in addition to two therapists and two assistants.  

• Couple of people in Dunkin Donuts where I stopped for coffee after PT. 

• Several people at the concierge office where I stopped to pick up a package.

• Quite a few people at the italian deli where I stopped to get some cheese.

• When I walked by the junior high - there were kids in the school yard - so school is open.  

Only "bad news" is the email that our Church's  annual St. Patrick's Concert that was scheduled for this Sunday will be postponed until after "the virus."   That's a disappointment ... but also something to look forward to later.

Super Contributor

So now the Virus has arrived in the US are you staying home now? Some people on the blog thought we didn't have to worry and was like the flu and we didn't have to buy supplies like face masks and sanitizers so have you changed your mind?

Respected Contributor

Re: Please stay home

[ Edited ]

@fresh kitty wrote:

So now the Virus has arrived in the US are you staying home now? Some people on the blog thought we didn't have to worry and was like the flu and we didn't have to buy supplies like face masks and sanitizers so have you changed your mind?

No, the focus is on large crowds.

I don't use hand sanitizers, or wear masks.

I was out yesterday and will continue with my regular routine. 

Some people are in panic mode, I refuse to succumb. I'm healthy and use common sense.