Respected Contributor

When can I expect to see a roll of TP back on store shelves??   I don't understand why people  would hoard it.  It's so ridiculous!

Regular Contributor

Re: Please someone tell me

[ Edited ]

In my area it seems grocery stores and BJ's are putting so many packages of toilet paper out per day.  I have been shopping early in the morning and saw them putting it out.  Of course shoppers quickly grabbed them, but maybe if you haven't already tried this it might work.  I luckily had gotten a large package before the hoarding began so for a while we are ok.

Hope you find some soon.  Frustrating!

Honored Contributor

Went to three grocery stores today looking for eggs. None. No toilet paper or paper towels or most other things in WM. Almost every aisle in WM was almost empty. I asked a worker there when they would be getting in more stock...he said customers grab things out of the crates and cases as soon as they bring them out of the stockroom; they never get to put new stock on the shelves. I think the problem is there is no need in sight to how long the virus will be running amuck and how long we will need to be staying inside our homes.

Honored Contributor

I had that question as well.  I was down to about 4 rolls and couldn't get more in any local stores.  I just kept checking online sites, and a few nights ago, I found that jet.com had some in stock. I ordered immediately, probably paid too much, but it's on its way to me. 

was going to alert family and friends that they could do the same, but this site sold out the next day 

I would say, just bookmark a few sites and keep checking 

Honored Contributor

Ask your store(s).

I don't think anyone here can tell you when you'll find it again.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

When can I expect to see a roll of TP back on store shelves??   I don't understand why people  would hoard it.  It's so ridiculous!

@KKJ  I don't know where you live, but, online there is a site called NEXTDOOR.  You join with a group near where you live.. we just talk and share about things ....happenings in our neighborhood.  That is where I found out what local store had TP and such.  It might be helpful right now for you to join. I really enjoy my local group. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ  I don't know where you live, but, online there is a site called NEXTDOOR.  You join with a group near where you live.. we just talk and share about things ....happenings in our neighborhood.  That is where I found out what local store had TP and such.  It might be helpful right now for you to join. I really enjoy my local group. 

Unless I haven't figured out how to navigate the site yet, the section for my neighborhood is useless. One great big advertising site for contractors and handymen.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ 

I do not know the answer to your question. It is ridiculous that so many are hoarding these items. They are thinking only of themselves. I see people seeming to be happy about getting the last packages. 

One person in a line commented that she had a closet full and yet here she was getting 36 more rolls. She bragged that she had over a hundred rolls at home. The cashier said she must have a large family. She said it was only her. She needs serious help if she needs that much toilet paper..

We can dream that the hoarders will stop and leave some for others.

doxie

Honored Contributor

wish I had more money guess she will spend her stimulus check on t p

Honored Contributor

@FLtricia   I was at BJ's today.  They were fully stocked on everything.  The only thing I noticed folks were hoarding in their shopping carts was soap.  Specifically, Dove soap. Smiley LOL

On guy had 3 flat screen tvs on a flat bed cart.  He stated he has a big family all home due to the virus & all are watching tv day & night.  He wanted to have back-up tvs when one dies out.173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif