Trusted Contributor

Re: Please, share your thoughts about “ push present” for daughter.

@Desertdi wrote:

I am convinced the same person invented kindergarden "graduations"

Don't forget half birthdays😜

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Ok. Thank you, ladies for your opinions, thoughts and congratulations! I just purchased those earrings and I will report on how they look in reality. It was a great deal at Costco.

G color diamonds, VS clarity! Hope they are beautiful, I cannot wait to give them to my little mama. She is soooo deserving. 

Honored Contributor

@SANNA   You can only spoil your daughter while you are here on Earth.  This is a very special occasion and 3rd generation of women.  Celebrate and purchase what you want for her and Congratulations, Grandma.  Best wishes to your daughter.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

You are a thoughtful and loving mother to want to give your daughter a special gift after the birth of your granddaughter. But - I would never include her husband in this gift....if I was him, I'd be a bit offended. Buy the earrings, but give them to your daughter when she's home from the hospital and recovering. A special gift to her from you to remember the birth of her baby and your granddaughter. Her husband should understand a special gift for his wife from her mother for such an important event.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have nine grandkids....the mothers were all given a piece of jewelry from their husbands following the birth, after they were back at home. I don't like the term "push present". I think the jewelry included mostly rings or earrings, usually with the birthstone of the new baby. I would never take an expensive piece of jewelry to the hospital due to the chance it could be stolen. Yes, it can happen.

As the mother or MIL of the new moms, I usually try and give things like new loungewear or nursing tops, some briefs to wear for a few days or as long as needed; practical but personal things the new moms need but didn't know they needed. I just make a big basket and decorate it...they always are appreciated. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Push presents, the gender reveal, the elaborate "babymoon" that people now do...too much.  When I start hearing those terms I run in the other direction.  I think it just turns something that is beautiful all by itself into something gross.

Respected Contributor

Got the earrings yesterday. Love them, the diamods are substantial, very white G and very sparkly. I think my baby will like them.08DB6F3A-FAA7-463F-B69E-AE8605DF3EE4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

All this emphasis on the new mom, the gift, etc.  I feel like a lot of others--isn't the baby enough?  Why is anyone worrying about jewelry for the mom when there's a new baby? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SANNA 

They're beautiful.  I'm sure your daughter will love them.  What a special gift!

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SANNA 

They're beautiful.  I'm sure your daughter will love them.  What a special gift!

Thank you very much! She is a special person! I want her to feel appreciated for giving me little bundle of joy.