Honored Contributor

Re: Please share your Tracfone experiences

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone, for all the help and input.

We took the plunge, mostly because with Q, the 30 day return policy is in effect, and we can use the phone extensively to see if it will work for us.

I figure we don't have anything to loose but return shipping if either of us isn't happy, and if one is and the other isn't liking it, I bought two phones, so we can 'split up' if necessary! LOL

edited to add

I appreciate all the input, help and time everyone took to help me understand things! Great folks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Please share your Tracfone experiences

I'm on my 5th tracfone.  Every time I buy one, I buy one for my mother.  So I've set 10 phones up.  Activation was only a problem when I skimmed the directions and skipped a step.  Read the directions a couple times before you activate the phone.  It's pretty easy to activate if you follow the directions.

I've called tracfone a couple times and they were nothing, but helpful.  I had no issue understanding them.

Buying additional minutes is no big deal.  I bought just text minutes from their website.

You will get the phone, 1 year of service and 1350 minutes each for talk, text and data.  The day you activate the phone will lock in your dates.  So you activate Sept 15, 2016.  Your year goes until Sept 14, 2017.  Before Sept 14, 2017, you will need to buy 1 year of service.  You can add it anytime.  It will add onto your airtime, so your airtime expiration will then be Sept 14, 2018.  Most people buy a new phone for the 1 year airtime because it's cheaper than buying airtime.  You can just use the airtime on this phone or upgrade to the new phone.

I got the last tracfone TSV.  I don't do all the smart things on it.  I use the phone and the text.  I put the target cartwheel on it and was able to use it.  I was so proud.  My mother is another story.  She has 99% of her 5 years of minutes, but she wants a phone.