Valued Contributor

Re: Please send prayers and /or positive thoughts for six dogs in Chicago..

Mick-

the only thing I can think is maybe they forgot something and didn't want the dogs to get cold so left running for heat..

Temporary but really sad lapse in judgement...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

A lot of people leave their car running, especially in this weather. They probably wanted to leave the heat on for the dogs.

It's not really a bad area, but it doesn't have to be a bad area.

Was the car running because they were bringing one of the dogs to their owner?

Honored Contributor

Alley - I just looked on the map....not bad.....I just couldn't remember if it was like Pulaski area bad or what.....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Well....they're dogs with coats.....they would've been okay....we get into cold cars with coats on and we don't freeze...
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 brii said:

A lot of people leave their car running, especially in this weather. They probably wanted to leave the heat on for the dogs.

brii, it was still in close proximity to Urban Outsitters so the driver may have just had to go back in..

As mad as I want to be for that , can you imagine what he/she must be feeling right now?

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 MickD said: Well....they're dogs with coats.....they would've been okay....we get into cold cars with coats on and we don't freeze...

Their fur can only do so much for them. You get into a cold car and turn the heat on. If a dog is left outside in the elements, they freeze to death.

Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/19/2015 MickD said: Well....they're dogs with coats.....they would've been okay....we get into cold cars with coats on and we don't freeze...

Their fur can only do so much for them. You get into a cold car and turn the heat on. If a dog is left outside in the elements, they freeze to death.

LipstickDiva,

I think she was responding to my post about why the car was left running..Not what could potentially happen now...

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 2/19/2015 brii said:

brii, it was still in close proximity to Urban Outsitters so the driver may have just had to go back in..

As mad as I want to be for that , can you imagine what he/she must be feeling right now?

Yes, I saw a woman crying. I thought maybe she was the driver. I did see the owner. He was quite upset too.

I'm sure they never would have imagined something like that happening.

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2015 MickD said: I also blame the idiot for leaving the car running.....who does that?

I never would but my thought was so the heater would be running to keep the dogs warm?

Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 brii said:
On 2/19/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 2/19/2015 brii said:

Yes, I saw a woman crying. I thought maybe she was the driver. I did see the owner. He was quite upset too.

I'm sure they never would have imagined something like that happening.

Exactly and that may have been done regularly on cold days (who knows)but this day was different...