Honored Contributor

Re: Please remove the black & red homepage color scheme for Xmas.

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Sorry, know I'm being picky, but over the last month QVC has had a black & red homepage color scheme. It's driving me crazy! Black looks terrible for a Christmas theme. Black Friday is over & they still haven't removed the black color. Hopefully they'll change to red & green, or gold, silver & blue. Anything but that ominous black!

@Sweet Kitties 

Wow.  Not only are you being picky, but you missed the point.   And it's "driving you crazy"?

It's the HOLIDAY season, usually kicked off with Black Friday.  In case you didn't know, that term refers to the fact that many retailers are operating in the red (losing money) until the holiday shopping starts ... when they are finally in the black for the years' sales.  

BTW ...  It's not just about Christmas .... several holidays are celebrated this time of year.   Get with the program, and maybe a silly home page color scheme won't drive you so crazy.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Sorry, know I'm being picky, but over the last month QVC has had a black & red homepage color scheme. It's driving me crazy! Black looks terrible for a Christmas theme. Black Friday is over & they still haven't removed the black color. Hopefully they'll change to red & green, or gold, silver & blue. Anything but that ominous black!

@Sweet Kitties 

Wow.  Not only are you being picky, but you missed the point.   And it's "driving you crazy"?

It's the HOLIDAY season, usually kicked off with Black Friday.  In case you didn't know, that term refers to the fact that many retailers are operating in the red (losing money) until the holiday shopping starts ... when they are finally in the black for the years' sales.  

BTW ...  It's not just about Christmas .... several holidays are celebrated this time of year.   Get with the program, and maybe a silly home page color scheme won't drive you so crazy.

Exactly.   At one time, I counted 15 different holidays in December and there are probably more.

Honored Contributor

I like a Dickens Christmas theme and I've used it in the past. In decorating,  there's black in the hats of the male figures I've put up as well as in the sleighs, coach lights and lamp posts. Then there's tartan plaids on the clothing of the figures I've used and I've tied checkered silk black and white bows to the tops of red ball ornaments. I used red berry candle rings and napkin rings. I like black with red in holiday decor and I don't find it ominous.