Honored Contributor

Re: Please remove the black & red homepage color scheme for Xmas.

@Porcelain wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Sorry, know I'm being picky, but over the last month QVC has had a black & red homepage color scheme. It's driving me crazy! Black looks terrible for a Christmas theme. Black Friday is over & they still haven't removed the black color. Hopefully they'll change to red & green, or gold, silver & blue. Anything but that ominous black!

I thought everyone knew that November is Stendhal Tribute Month.

Heeheehee.

@Porcelain 

Good one! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Sorry, know I'm being picky, but over the last month QVC has had a black & red homepage color scheme. It's driving me crazy! Black looks terrible for a Christmas theme. Black Friday is over & they still haven't removed the black color. Hopefully they'll change to red & green, or gold, silver & blue. Anything but that ominous black!

I thought everyone knew that November is Stendhal Tribute Month.

@noodleann 

Thanks for the guffaw. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Retailers could care less about why red and green are the colors of Christmas.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  I use an X to shorthand.I hope you'll give me a pass because I'm Jewish and we don't consider Jesus the same way as Christians do.

@Pearlee But then there is being respectful of others' beliefs.  

Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Such such a trivial thing to be annoyed about during these times.  What bothers me more is using Xmas instead of Christmas.  Let's remember what this holiday is about and that means not taking the Christ out of Christmas by using an X.

this article acknowledges your opinion but explains why you are not understanding the legitimacy of the abbreviation and there is no undermining of the connection if Christ to Christmas. You can be edified or just continue to sniff in resentment. 

https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article/news/verify/x-mas/91-10373970-162f-4b98-99bc-bf28f0f821c8

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  I use an X to shorthand.I hope you'll give me a pass because I'm Jewish and we don't consider Jesus the same way as Christians do.

@Pearlee But then there is being respectful of others' beliefs.  

@Sooner  And given the explanation of the X in this thread your comment doesn't even pertain to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Such such a trivial thing to be annoyed about during these times.  What bothers me more is using Xmas instead of Christmas.  Let's remember what this holiday is about and that means not taking the Christ out of Christmas by using an X.

this article acknowledges your opinion but explains why you are not understanding the legitimacy of the abbreviation and there is no undermining of the connection if Christ to Christmas. You can be edified or just continue to sniff in resentment. 

https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article/news/verify/x-mas/91-10373970-162f-4b98-99bc-bf28f0f821c8

Yes it is my opinion due to my background.  You are wrong in stating that I am not understanding and there is no reason for your comment on me becoming edified.  "Sniff in resentment."  Hardly.  Merry Christmas.

Respected Contributor

What?   Why?

Honored Contributor

Oh good grief, please find a hobby.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

There is nothing disrespectful about "Xmas".