Honored Contributor

Re: Please read about stimulus check

My mother received a debit card first time.  This time, she received a check.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I think it is  up to $150,000  for a couple.

Super Contributor

The opposite happened to me....the first time I got a check in the mail....second time I got a Debit card  in the mail.... I hadn't heard about the Debit Card...so when I received it.... I first thought it was fraud....but after research I found it was legitimate.... I heard it was changed to Debit Cards because it was faster to process then checks....I went to the the bank today to make a deposit with my card....no problems...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SharkE  I think it is  up to $150,000  for a couple.

yeah, that's what it was for the first one, thought I'd read for this lesser amount it was 124,000. who knows? We're retired don't make us any difference. LOL

Frequent Contributor

I don't understand, am I missing something?

The second stimulis bill hasn't even been voted on yet

let alone passed so where are these second payments 

coming from?

Honored Contributor

Last yr. the first payment was 1200

Second stimulus check is the one most of us are waiting on for 600

3rd one will be taken up Mon. in Washington, which I assume will be for 1400 if it passes thru all the people that have to approve it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my husband and I always file jointly. Today I received a debit card in my name only .  When I check on my husbands card it says they do not have enough information and are working on it.. that seems odd to me if we jointly file and our income is one.

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 

I got the first one by direct deposit. I haven’t received the second one at all. When I check the status I get a message that they don’t have enough/correct info or I don’t qualify. Nothing has changed but, st this point, I figure I will not get this stimulus until after I file my taxes this year.

Valued Contributor

@yamma024 wrote:

What I read on Yahoo was, Biden is going to help people who didn't get the first round of stimulus checks.

Mostly this pertains to people who are married to non-citizens or who are legal to be here but not citizens. Those people were deemed not eligible by the legislators who wrote the bill or voted for it. Then Congress changed this requirement stuff to be removed for the recent round in December. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

my husband and I always file jointly. Today I received a debit card in my name only .  When I check on my husbands card it says they do not have enough information and are working on it.. that seems odd to me if we jointly file and our income is one.

@SeaMaiden  EXACTLY ! What we're facing too, although, don't have my actual check or card yet. On mine it says "scheduled to be mailed Jan. 6th"

but, on his it says "not enough information still gathering data". 

first time they both went to direct deposit. All I can say is this go around it's a big ol hot mess. If I get mine one of these days and he don't he won't be too thrilled. LOL